Order cancellation rate

syedahumna56

Hi, I would like to ask a question that I am really confused about. 
I have completed 40 orders in last 60 days and I have 3 orders cancelled and my percentage is 90% now. My first order cancelled was on 2nd oct so my percentage will go up to 94% on 2nd December. But now, if I get one more order cancelled, my rate will be 88%. And if in any case, I get one more order cancel, my rate will go more down. So I would like to ask about the formula or calculation method to calculate that how much do I need more to get that 88% rating to above 90%. How many orders do I need to get it to 90% again before 2nd December?

You'd need to get up to 50 orders to get back down to 90%.

If you're having that many cancellations, you need to take a hard look to determine why you're having so many cancellations and address that issue immediately. Sometimes, the issue is misleading or confusing information in the gig title, description, or package details. Other times, this may be as a result or poor or limited communication during the order process or possibly some other issues.

A bad review is not only permanent for all buyers to read how badly you messed up with this particular client but it is completely guaranteed that not only they won't come back and your overall credibility as a seller is diminished, even if slightly.  You may be ranked down if you have one too many cancellations in a 60 day period, but recovering from a really low review may require a lot of happy buyers to average and smooth out the negative effects; plus there is no guarantee that a bad review won't stop you from losing your ranking if you haven't done a whole lot of well rated sales in the given 60 day period.

At least with the cancellation, if done on good terms, the buyer might come back with something that works for both of you or recommend you to someone else. Pocketing their money and leaving them dissatisfied is not a good look.

On the other hand, if you already have a really good track record and they are being completely unfair with their requests, and you're not really that concerned about this particular buyer returning, that might be a different story; you, the seller, would need to make that call.

I've only been in the latter situation once or twice, I still would have preferred to have honored a cancellation and have hoped the more toxic buyers found their solutions elsewhere..

I have just started. It’s my 6th month almost. Some of my orders got cancel due to my poor management or low pricing range but more work load. I am trying my best to manage my time and the orders with my regular life and not to take much orders that I can’t complete. 
Can anyone give some tips about managing properly and perfectly, How these successful sellers on fiverr manage their work and life at the same time.

10 hours ago, syedahumna56 said:

I have just started. It’s my 6th month almost. Some of my orders got cancel due to my poor management or low pricing range but more work load. I am trying my best to manage my time and the orders with my regular life and not to take much orders that I can’t complete. 
Can anyone give some tips about managing properly and perfectly, How these successful sellers on fiverr manage their work and life at the same time.

So the first thing to do if you're getting too many orders is to set your max orders in queue: go to your Gigs page, click on the title of your gig, and limit the number of orders in your queue. This can help prevent you from getting overwhelmed by too many orders at one time.

The next thing to do if you're getting lots of orders is to bump your price up a bit. This will help slow the orders down while making you more money.

Another thing that can help is making sure you use the "Set Availability" button on your profile to set yourself as out of the office anytime you'll be gone long enough that you wouldn't be able to complete any orders received within your specified timeframe.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:37 AM, zackreynolds said:

So the first thing to do if you're getting too many orders is to set your max orders in queue: go to your Gigs page, click on the title of your gig, and limit the number of orders in your queue. This can help prevent you from getting overwhelmed by too many orders at one time.

The next thing to do if you're getting lots of orders is to bump your price up a bit. This will help slow the orders down while making you more money.

Another thing that can help is making sure you use the "Set Availability" button on your profile to set yourself as out of the office anytime you'll be gone long enough that you wouldn't be able to complete any orders received within your specified timeframe.

If I set my availability to out of office, My gig will derank, and I then I will need to do more work to get that up again. And I don’t want that. I have limited my orders the queue and that is working a bit. I am not taking any more orders until I complete the ones I have. Also, I am thinking of getting the seller plus to get the management advices and not get into this type of problem again, what do you think, is it worth buying?

10 hours ago, syedahumna56 said:

If I set my availability to out of office, My gig will derank, and I then I will need to do more work to get that up again. And I don’t want that. I have limited my orders the queue and that is working a bit. I am not taking any more orders until I complete the ones I have. Also, I am thinking of getting the seller plus to get the management advices and not get into this type of problem again, what do you think, is it worth buying?

So the problem with your reasoning is apparent with the situation you've found yourself in.

If your order cancellation rate is high, then your gig is already not being shown where it could be, and setting yourself as unavailable is a much more desirable solution than having to cancel orders that you are unable to complete.

Seller Plus is designed more for people who are looking to expand and grow your business, but it sounds like you're having trouble managing the amount of business you're currently getting, so I would  suggest focusing on figuring out how to manage your current workload first.

Archived