7+ reasons to raise your selling price in 2022

newsmike

19 hours ago, fastcopywriter said:

Seller Plus? What is that? I was using Promoted Gigs, then got banned. Fiverr only promotes the people they like, and just because they like you today doesn't mean they'll like you tomorrow. 

Hardly anyone works for $5 anymore. 

I did raise my prices. I figure if I rarely get an order, I might as well make more money per order. In the old days, I could charge $5 or $10, and get 5 to 20 orders per day. I miss the old days, Fiverr was better. 

I am also a Seller Plus. Check out its benefits here here: https://business.fiverr.com/pages/seller-plus

• Like 73
  • Congrats! 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/23/2021 at 1:23 AM, newsmike said:

5. Remember that Fiverr takes 20% off the top (well deserved), but you can see that this is all adding up quickly.  Build that in. 

Lol what? Well deserved?
Talent agents take 10% from their clients, and they actively search for work and advocate on behalf of their clients.
Fiverr takes 20% from us, around 4$ per order/add on/tip(!!???!!!) from the buyers. And then demand we pay them more (seller plus, promoted gigs) order to get a competitive edge on each other. 
20% is flat out extortion, stop trying to gaslight us.

• Like 56
  • Haha 2
  • Congrats! 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chowson13 said:

20% is flat out extortion, stop trying to gaslight us.

Participating in something that you believe is extortion may be a sign of mental instability. BTW, Fiverr does not demand you participate in seller plus or promoted gigs. It is just available for those of us that feel our businesses are worth investing in. You are free to sit them out and sulk.

Edited by newsmike
  • Like 62
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Participating in something that you believe is extortion may be a sign of mental instability. BTW, Fiverr does not demand you participate in seller plus or promoted gigs. It is just available for those of us that feel our businesses are worth investing in. You are free to sit them out and sulk.

Wow… not a proportionate response at all haha

You seem to miss my point. I don't participate in those programs because I do believe they are exploitation, and you well know that as creative freelancers we don’t have any other choice. These sites have all decided they deserve 2x the commonly accepted commission rate on creatives and we either go along with it or don’t make any money at all… I have made peace with the fact that I cannot change this and it is just part of the life of a freelancer, but I just had to ask how you can justify saying it is “well deserved” when it defies logic.

• Like 56
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, chowson13 said:

Wow… not a proportionate response at all haha

I believe it is quite proportionate since you hurled the first insult with the "gaslighting" remark.

Otherwise, if you choose to not invest in your business great for you, but don't expect us to cry the "Fiverr's not fair" tears with you. This is business. Play or step aside. 

• Like 58
  • Congrats! 2

• 2 months later...

I would Just say, i saw many of the sellers are just setting low prices and they think this is the only barrier i mean competition and more orders will be there if they will be selling at lower prices! Why sellers why? Focus on quality! Offer something that is really worth it, and sell it at the Price a US seller would sell it! Why people mostly in India and Pakistan are so under priced 

• Like 53
  • Up 4