What to do if buyers request work that was not in the initial scope of delivery, but they expect it for free because 'it is only a small extra'

samcaff

Question

Hi all, I'm just looking for your opinions. Have any of you ever encountered an issue were an offer is accepted, and then the buyer requests additional work during the order, but expects it for free because it is only 'a small extra task'? How do you approach these situations?

I look forward to hearing the responses!

5 answers to this question

This often happens with me. However, if the task is small and easy then it is better to do it for free. That's how the client will overwhelmed and might give you some tips or if the client will hire you for the next work/project. Although, if the task is actually not that small then you have to tell the client very politely. Most cases the client understands. 

N.B: This is just my opinion. 

38 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

Unfortunately, sometimes you give an inch and the person can take a mile. If they becomes regular client, they will either be reasonable or a nightmare.

The more you give, the more some take.

Yes if the task turns out from inch to mile then the seller should discuss the matter with the client. However, It depends on the seller how he/she sees the task. 

Archived