Here's why your gig got deranked

smashradio

Fiverr want their buyers to be happy. That way, they return to buy more. To keep buyers happy, they rank gigs based on a number of factors. 

The most important factor is probably the hidden feedback that buyers leave after orders. 

This is the feedback that only Fiverr will see. If your buyer satisfaction rate drops below a certain threshold, your gig will be de-ranked

This underlines the importance of being super polite, friendly, communicative, professional and helpful. 

A buyer can become unsatisfied for several reasons – and they will tell Fiverr about it, even if they leave a five-star review in public. 

It's not enough to deliver great quality services and products anymore. If your gig got de-ranked, chances are you didn't do a good enough job communicating with your buyers. 

This can play out in any number of ways like: 

• Your gig description or custom offers aren't specific enough, meaning buyers quickly can misunderstand something. They might have other expectations based on your conversations or descriptions. 
  • Your communication is full of typos, bad grammar, or you have trouble with the English language in general. This can also lead to misunderstandings and frustration. 
  • You're not polite and friendly. Using a buyers name, being super-polite and ultra-friendly, does help. 
  • You don't keep your buyers updated on the progress of their orders. Buyers like to feel safe, and making sure they know what's going on and that you're working on it is important. 
  • You respond slowly to messages, revision requests and messages. Buyers want fast responses. 
  • Your service or product just isn't good enough. 
  • You deliver late or ask your buyers for more time. This should only be done in emergencies. The more you do it, the lower your satisfaction rate will be. 

If any of these happen to you during an order, you risk making your buyer less satisfied. Even if they leave a five-star review, they might say something entirely different to Fiverr in private. 

People will often feel bad for telling someone that they aren't good enough, but when they get a chance to tell Fiverr without you knowing it, believe me, they will. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 146
  • Congrats! 4
  • Thanks 19

On 11/22/2021 at 8:36 AM, smashradio said:

The most important factor is probably the hidden feedback that buyers leave after orders. 

I placed an order today but it's been quite awhile since I've bought here. The last time, the Private Feedback was a few yes/no questions like did you use it, will use it?

It doesn't exactly give you space to comment or provide your opinion like it used to. When the PF 1st started, I really liked telling why I liked it and how I am using it.

I've also told them how much I hated something as well on junk deliveries.

• Like 85
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

I placed an order today but it's been quite awhile since I've bought here. The last time, the Private Feedback was a few yes/no questions like did you use it, will use it?

It doesn't exactly give you space to comment or provide your opinion like it used to. When the PF 1st started, I really liked telling why I liked it and how I am using it.

I've also told them how much I hated something as well on junk deliveries.

Yeah, but they probably did some A/B testing to see which one works the best for Fiverr. I suspect that the current versions of PF gets way more engagement/responses, compared to the old one. I also think that the old version caused less buyers to review their orders, because around the time it launched, I noticed a dip in reviews, and when the new one came out (the click and done version) the numbers of reviews went up. Just a theory. 

Besides, I doubt it Fiverr staff took the time to read all of the manual responses. I think the PF could be even more useful to everyone, if sellers got access to a stripped down version of the stats, for example "Here's how your buyer satisfaction was this month" (no more details, just an overview to keep an eye on trends, on a scale from 1-10 or something. Or just "Great" "Good" "Average" "Poor" "Leave the platform. Now!" ( 😂 )

I can ask my success manager how I'm doing, and get a fairly similar response (if I'm doing good or not), so that information could easily be included in the stats from Seller Plus. As long as it's done in a way that ensures buyers their anonymity.

• Like 80
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...