Which graphic design software is your favorite tool to use for creating art, logo or web-design on Fiverr? And what do you use it for?

dannykojima1

1. Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 (Previously Updates from Adobe Creative Cloud).
    Did you know? With the latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 updates from Adobe Creative Cloud, now we can design a web site using Art Board features in Adobe Photoshop CC 2022. Even though, I have no experience in CSS coding, although this give me the opportunity to design an art portfolio with the 90's America Online (AOL) style template, and import the design over to Adobe Indesign CC 2022 and Adobe Dreamweaver CC. So, I only using Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 creating characters concept art & illustrations for game, film and book for clients on Fiverr, Deviant Art and Artstation platforms.

I have been paying Adobe Creative Cloud membership with $29.99/months in 2019 after my college ended. Even though I used to paid $19.99/months under student plan with access to all Adobe apps (which is cool!) And I freakin's love it. Unfortunately, the latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2021 and 2022 has a lot of bugs with 3D and Filter Tilt lately. I hope Adobe fix the bug soon when the next Adobe Creative Cloud updates is available.
  2. Adobe Illustrator 2022.
    Adobe Illustrator 2022 is always my favorite software when I used to work as a graphic designer on newspaper at the Sacramento Bee headquarter back in 2001 during my teenage years in high school. I remembered designing an original Xbox logo like crazy with the Adobe Illustrator 9.0. And all my classmates was staring at the screen like they never seen before that Adobe Illustrator could do artwork back then. That was the early 2000s which recommended by my art teacher when I was first introduced to iMac G3. I didn't have any like for computer back then, because I thought computer is just a toy. And won't do me much success in fine art gallery.

Although Adobe Illustrator CC 2022, like Adobe Photoshop has comes a long way since the late 80's until to this days technology took over the traditional art world. So I decided to created art with digital painting and illustration with these art programs after bought my first Sony VAIO computer in 2002 after high school graduated. Oh, yes -- I forgot to mentioned, my former boss at The Sacramento Bee wanted me to get an iMac G3 instead of Windows PC, but instead, I ended up buying my first Sony VAIO Windows 2000 with the money I won from an art gallery. I couldn't afford Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator 5.0 and 9.0 version at the time, so my mentor let me borrowed his Adobe CD for creating art. The Adobe price was insanely expensive back in the day when he bought it from Adobe, but never used it anyway. To this days, I never forget and I'm grateful for his being supportive.
  3. Adobe Fresco
    It's feel like an oil paint which is really cool. And of course, this program also available on iPad as well. However, this app also come with all Adobe apps if you're going for a $29.99 plan!
  4. Adobe Indesign 2022 (Come with Adobe Creative Cloud) with $29.99/month plan. Like Adobe Illustrator CC 2022!
    I have used it a few times for creating art magazine cover. And I still learning it! With Adobe Indesign 2022, you can do a lot of stuff such web-design, magazine cover design for PDF etc.
  5. Adobe After Effects 2022.
    Awesome program for creating Twitch game streaming overlays animation with loop.
  6. Affinity Photo
    I never used this program or never heard of it before, but I will check it out soon.
  7. Corel Painter 2022
  8. Rebelle 4
  9. Procreate
  10. Clip Studio Paint Pro
  11. Artweaver 7
  12. ArtRage 6
    Yep, I used this program before (with demo version). And it does feel a bit like oil painting, just like Adobe Fresco. But doesn't really give me a feeling like real traditional oil painting I used to worked back in my early days in late 90's. But the software which is really cool, and the tools are not as complicated as Adobe Fresco.
  13. Krita
  14. TwistedBrush Pro Studio
  15. MediBang Paint Pro
  16. Black Ink
  17. Paintstorm Studio

Overall, Deviant Art is now my currently online store I'm relying on the sales of my work. As for Fiverr on the other hand, I'm planning on make a new change on the current gigs to create 2D characters like the Marvel and DC Comics style for now, but mixed with 3D CGI style painting; since creating a realistic painting is a pain in the a**. This art stuff just is killing me and putting me in a lot of pressure since the last two film poster artwork I've done for the clients last two months. And I'm done with this style of art.

Let us know which program is your favorite digital tools of used for art, logo and designing on Fiverr. And tell us why did you use it, and what was the best about the program.

Edited by dannykojima1
  • Like 19
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 2

My favorite 'program' is a pencil and paper. ^_^

That said, I'm making due with GIMP (and a mouse and keyboard) for digital touchups. It's got issues... like, a LOT of issues... but it works for what I need it to. I would enjoy getting a fancy tablet and program, but I've acknowledged that art is more of a hobby to me, and not a career. Thus, any money I sink into it has to be budgeted as 'for fun' and not 'for work'.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2021 at 1:34 PM, imagination7413 said:

My favorite 'program' is a pencil and paper. ^_^

Hey there! I used to draws a lot with drawing mechanical pencils on large and hard white paper when I was in figure art class which is mean I was drawing live (male or female model) posing in front of me. It's feel good to stayed in an art studio when no one else were there. My former art teacher and I used to have a lot of fun collaboration and work together on a large mural painting of pink rose. I would recommending drawing mechanical pencils on Amazon and they are amazing for clean drawing if you're going for clean and sharp drawing portrait of models. 🙂

I would enjoy getting a fancy tablet and program

The Wacom Intuos touch tablet is pretty good too if you're aiming for graphic design such as illustrator. They are good and cheap which is sold by Wacom on Amazon. I used to bought one of those and gave it away to my art student because she needed it for anime drawing. And now her mom finally got her the Huion drawing tablet brand. 

I've acknowledged that art is more of a hobby to me, and not a career. Thus, any money I sink into it has to be budgeted as 'for fun' and not 'for work'.

I understand what you mean, imagination. Since I have no writing skills like most sellers on Fiverr, but art is my main major career as an artist working with musicians, film director and game developer on dA platform. I first drawing at early age during my childhood way back in the late 80's. Although Fiverr may not much of my career, but I'm more heavily relying on my art sales on Deviant Art. Because Deviant Art gave me more freedom and being my own boss. Deviant Art has their own commission rules when hired by different kind of clients around the world to create art for film, book and music project. 

On Deviant Art, I can create all different kind of fans' favorite characters art "Master Collection" with NFT protection before release on sales for $1.99 each, so the buyers can pay to downloads each for adding to their collection. Just like people who buy music on Apple Music store, with digital downloads, since nobody wanted to pay a print for $29.99. So I wouldn't have to sit through the computer and work on commission for weeks or month which is really painful. Although the Fantasy and Sci-fi Bundle Master Collection cost $19.99 if they wanted to get it all different kind of super villain or super heroes art character in 4K high resolution. 

But for now, I'm just taking a break from Fiverr for creating new art release on Deviant Art until the end of this month before I can come back and creating game and comic art for developers on Fiverr. I hope you already had a wonderful thanksgiving celebration with your family and friends, Imagination! 🙂

• Like 9
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if this is relevant, because I do illustrations and not specifically graphic design, but since no one named it yet, I thought I might as well recommend it:
Clip Studio Paint. It has the best and more responsive inking/penciling brushes I've seen to date, par none. They felt immediately natural and intuitive, and made the transition from traditional to digital drawing flawless. With alittle bit of tweaking and searching, you almost can't tell the difference between their pencils and a scan. So if illustration is your trade, I can't recommend it enough...

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Procreate!

I dont even own a desktop computer or a laptop for 3 years, didint needed it for the most part. That ipad and procreate is just great.

Pencil in right hand, ipad in the left. You can just zoom and rotate endlessly with ipad like its paper. No need to enter commands, no need to "ctrl + space + bla bla" Its just your fingers. Very fast and easy, just like paper.

And the mobility of course. Unmatched. 

However utilities of a tablet is of course, limited. 

• Like 3

On 11/20/2021 at 7:23 AM, dannykojima1 said:
  1. Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 (Previously Updates from Adobe Creative Cloud).
    Did you know? With the latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 updates from Adobe Creative Cloud, now we can design a web site using Art Board features in Adobe Photoshop CC 2022. Even though, I have no experience in CSS coding, although this give me the opportunity to design an art portfolio with the 90's America Online (AOL) style template, and import the design over to Adobe Indesign CC 2022 and Adobe Dreamweaver CC. So, I only using Adobe Photoshop CC 2022 creating characters concept art & illustrations for game, film and book for clients on Fiverr, Deviant Art and Artstation platforms.

I have been paying Adobe Creative Cloud membership with $29.99/months in 2019 after my college ended. Even though I used to paid $19.99/months under student plan with access to all Adobe apps (which is cool!) And I freakin's love it. Unfortunately, the latest Adobe Photoshop CC 2021 and 2022 has a lot of bugs with 3D and Filter Tilt lately. I hope Adobe fix the bug soon when the next Adobe Creative Cloud updates is available.
  2. Adobe Illustrator 2022.
    Adobe Illustrator 2022 is always my favorite software when I used to work as a graphic designer on newspaper at the Sacramento Bee headquarter back in 2001 during my teenage years in high school. I remembered designing an original Xbox logo like crazy with the Adobe Illustrator 9.0. And all my classmates was staring at the screen like they never seen before that Adobe Illustrator could do artwork back then. That was the early 2000s which recommended by my art teacher when I was first introduced to iMac G3. I didn't have any like for computer back then, because I thought computer is just a toy. And won't do me much success in fine art gallery.

Although Adobe Illustrator CC 2022, like Adobe Photoshop has comes a long way since the late 80's until to this days technology took over the traditional art world. So I decided to created art with digital painting and illustration with these art programs after bought my first Sony VAIO computer in 2002 after high school graduated. Oh, yes -- I forgot to mentioned, my former boss at The Sacramento Bee wanted me to get an iMac G3 instead of Windows PC, but instead, I ended up buying my first Sony VAIO Windows 2000 with the money I won from an art gallery. I couldn't afford Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator 5.0 and 9.0 version at the time, so my mentor let me borrowed his Adobe CD for creating art. The Adobe price was insanely expensive back in the day when he bought it from Adobe, but never used it anyway. To this days, I never forget and I'm grateful for his being supportive.
  3. Adobe Fresco
    It's feel like an oil paint which is really cool. And of course, this program also available on iPad as well. However, this app also come with all Adobe apps if you're going for a $29.99 plan!
  4. Adobe Indesign 2022 (Come with Adobe Creative Cloud) with $29.99/month plan. Like Adobe Illustrator CC 2022!
    I have used it a few times for creating art magazine cover. And I still learning it! With Adobe Indesign 2022, you can do a lot of stuff such web-design, magazine cover design for PDF etc.
  5. Adobe After Effects 2022.
    Awesome program for creating Twitch game streaming overlays animation with loop.
  6. Affinity Photo
    I never used this program or never heard of it before, but I will check it out soon.
  7. Corel Painter 2022
  8. Rebelle 4
  9. Procreate
  10. Clip Studio Paint Pro
  11. Artweaver 7
  12. ArtRage 6
    Yep, I used this program before (with demo version). And it does feel a bit like oil painting, just like Adobe Fresco. But doesn't really give me a feeling like real traditional oil painting I used to worked back in my early days in late 90's. But the software which is really cool, and the tools are not as complicated as Adobe Fresco.
  13. Krita
  14. TwistedBrush Pro Studio
  15. MediBang Paint Pro
  16. Black Ink
  17. Paintstorm Studio

Overall, Deviant Art is now my currently online store I'm relying on the sales of my work. As for Fiverr on the other hand, I'm planning on make a new change on the current gigs to create 2D characters like the Marvel and DC Comics style for now, but mixed with 3D CGI style painting; since creating a realistic painting is a pain in the a**. This art stuff just is killing me and putting me in a lot of pressure since the last two film poster artwork I've done for the clients last two months. And I'm done with this style of art.

I also wanted to share my joy. I have been planning to renovate my house for a long time. He earned a good amount and did everything the way he wanted. The guys from  https://www.homequote.io/ helped me with this, everything turned out great. Now I will be color grading in the updated studio.

Let us know which program is your favorite digital tools of used for art, logo and designing on Fiverr. And tell us why did you use it, and what was the best about the program.

Good day. Of the above graphic editors, for myself I can single out Adobe Photoshop, AfterEffects. For me, they have the most convenient functionality, in general, I think that Adobe products are the most convenient and coolest.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1. Photoshop

2. Illustrator

Though I choose the program for the project and not the other way around according to the needs, usually the first thing I open up ends up being Photoshop. Often what I do is digital illustration and I've been using PS since I was a mere junior middle schooler. I use Illustrator if it's a work that requires Vector illustrations, logos or more graphic-design related stuff that needs to be re-scaled. But with Photoshop, I feel more at home.

• Like 18

Hello, 

I just like to tell you guys which softwares I used to design in my career life.

First one I used Adobe Photoshop for designing and editing photo and other manipulation.

Second one, Adobe Illustrator for every new unique design I want to design Mostly using for the LOGO designing.

3rd, The VIDEO EDITING SKILL -  adobe after effects and Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro x

Thanks

Tharaka from dewa_logos

• Like 19

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do all of my work using Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Flash.

Photoshop will be for complex illustrations with lost of painterly details and texture, whereas Illustrator is more for sleek designs like logos and shirts, and lastly I use Adobe Flash to animate pretty much anything and everything. 

• Like 13