Buying and Selling on Holidays

voiceoverwork

In many parts of the world, folks celebrate a variety of Holidays. Some just a day, others are longer.

Before you BUY or SELL…

SELLERS, if you want to take days off around a Holiday, you need to plan.

• A few days ahead, turn off your Express Gigs.
  • Get any existing orders done and delivered (allow time for Mods).
  • Extend your delivery times.
  • Place a notice at the top of your Gig Description. “Closed for Christmas. Will return January 2”.
  • Or suspend your gigs completely (the vacation mode switch seems to be glitchy)

BUYERS,

Before you BUY a Gig you need today (or tomorrow), look at the Sellers COUNTRY and check to see if there is a holiday there. There’s no sense in ordering something you need today when the Seller is most likely at a Memorial Day picnic (United States) or enjoying Summer Solstice (Great Britain).

In your part of the world, Today could be just another Monday. But in another part of the world it could just be an important day of observance.

Good luck!

I must admit I never thought about this one from buyer’s perspective. I personally only celebrate Christmas, my birthday and sometimes Valentine by taking half a day off, but it’s very useful.

I think it’s good tip for sellers to write little notice about their absence, even maybe if they still have time for gigs and only work on them less hours a day (e.g. after day with family in the evening). It’s good to know. 🙂

> There’s no sense in ordering something you need today when the Seller is most likely at a Memorial Day picnic (United States) or enjoying Summer Solstice (Great Britain).

Or Queen Victoria Day (Canada). 😉

Queen Vic was on Monday May 19th;

Memorial “was” on Monday May 26th;

Summer Solstice is/was on Monday ???th.

This is something I - as a considerate Buyer - have previously thought about.

If someone knows a website, with a list of “statutory” holidays in major countries worldwide, please post it here in this thread.

Thank you,

Robert

Archived