Jump to content

Why do I need to spend for promotion and why my gig is not shown on the first page without promotion


weformat
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guys, 

I was very happy when fiverr launched promoted gig feature but by the time has passed, it has been an issue.

Why?

  1. Gig's do not rank if we do not promote
  2. the cost to promote gigs has been increased a lot
  3. Not enough order even after promotion

Even when my gig is set as per the guidelines provided by the Pro Seller Support Manager, keywords are used and all but still if I do not PROMOTE, I cannot see my gig anywhere but page 3, 4 or so on.

Why?

I am paying for Seller Plus

I am paying for promotion

I am paying taxes

But still it seems like I am just paying here and if I increase my prices, clients do not pay.

Any suggestion to rank without promotion?

 

Thanks

Deepak

  • Like 12
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have noticed all of that as well and no, I don't have a solution.  I have no idea what is happening, but I stopped promoting my gig for a while because they do not work anymore, at least for me.  I have started reworking my gigs and will add new ones for now and maybe when I feel like they are perfect I will start promoting them again. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newsmike said:

Yes.  Bet better than everyone else in your category.  Be so good at what you do that no one would even consider one of your competitors. 

100% agree with Newsmike here. Even if you pay for Seller Plus or promotion, that doens't mean your offer and gig as a whole is perfect. You must invest into becoming the very best that you can be in your field. If you're the best or one of the best at the very least, you won't have to worry about sales. 

  • Like 8
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, newsmike said:

Yes.  Bet better than everyone else in your category.  Be so good at what you do that no one would even consider one of your competitors. 

My friend, I have been good with 2700+ ratings but still the flow of work has been too less these days 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

100% agree with Newsmike here. Even if you pay for Seller Plus or promotion, that doens't mean your offer and gig as a whole is perfect. You must invest into becoming the very best that you can be in your field. If you're the best or one of the best at the very least, you won't have to worry about sales. 

My friend,

We have to worry as even though we have repeat buyers, the changing terms to make more money in terms of seller plus, paid promotions, etc has been trying to put us back for new customers. This is the point to worry

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, weformat said:

The changing terms to make more money in terms of seller plus, paid promotions,

You don't need Seller Plus to make money. It's just a service that gives tips and a faster withdrawal time, at least that's what interests me. But it's not helping you with the way Fiverr's algorithm ranks you. 

Regarding paid promotions, it's also not mandatory. And unless you have a highly expensive gig, it's not exactly worth it. AT the $5 or $10 price, you can sometimes spend more just to get an order. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, weformat said:

My friend, I have been good with 2700+ ratings but still the flow of work has been too less these days 

I understand.  The competition has soared, which again is why you have to keep improving and out delivering your competitors.  I don't see any other way. Freshen you gigs, launch new ones, do whatever you can to shake things up. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...