Am I short-changing myself?

lisamusser

Hi,

I have a question for some of the more experienced members. I have been offering content writing on Fiverr for about 2 years. I mostly write SEO articles, blog posts, and some web content. I'm starting to get more orders for website content, but wonder if I need to price it differently? I need to create a separate gig for web content as I am getting more requests for it, but I'm not sure what to charge for it. I have been using word count as a guideline, but when a buyer wants an About Us, Services, FAQ's, and Contact Page, I don't know how to price it. 

As an example, I just spoke with a buyer who is starting a new website and needs these pages as content. We agreed on 1500 words, split between the pages, which comes out to $50. Am I undercharging or overcharging for this content? I see others in my same category charging varying prices for word counts ranging from 50 words to 200 words per page.

What would you suggest? I'm going to make a new gig for web content and want top price it appropriately.

Hi there,
hopefully another experienced seller in your field will reply to this post and give you an idea.
I'm not a writer so I can't say much but I am a translator, and if I was asked to translate 1500 words, the lowest price will be $75.
Depending on the contents/purpose, it will easily go over $100 for sure. If I am charging this much for translation, I am sure you can do the same.
I think you should raise your prices.

I don't know what the best approach is for you though. Again, I hope a seller in your field will reply to your post, but if not maybe try sending a DM to another seller and ask for their opinion?  I sometimes get DMs from sellers asking for "advice" and while most of them are spam, some of them are sellers who are serious (and already has a good number of sales) and just wanted another opinion.
People like that know how to write messages that doesn't come across as spam, I'm sure you do too!  🙂

Archived