Am I short-changing myself?

lisamusser

Hi,

I have a question for some of the more experienced members. I have been offering content writing on Fiverr for about 2 years. I mostly write SEO articles, blog posts, and some web content. I'm starting to get more orders for website content, but wonder if I need to price it differently? I need to create a separate gig for web content as I am getting more requests for it, but I'm not sure what to charge for it. I have been using word count as a guideline, but when a buyer wants an About Us, Services, FAQ's, and Contact Page, I don't know how to price it. 

As an example, I just spoke with a buyer who is starting a new website and needs these pages as content. We agreed on 1500 words, split between the pages, which comes out to $50. Am I undercharging or overcharging for this content? I see others in my same category charging varying prices for word counts ranging from 50 words to 200 words per page.

What would you suggest? I'm going to make a new gig for web content and want top price it appropriately.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

Hi there,
hopefully another experienced seller in your field will reply to this post and give you an idea.
I'm not a writer so I can't say much but I am a translator, and if I was asked to translate 1500 words, the lowest price will be $75.
Depending on the contents/purpose, it will easily go over $100 for sure. If I am charging this much for translation, I am sure you can do the same.
I think you should raise your prices.

I don't know what the best approach is for you though. Again, I hope a seller in your field will reply to your post, but if not maybe try sending a DM to another seller and ask for their opinion?  I sometimes get DMs from sellers asking for "advice" and while most of them are spam, some of them are sellers who are serious (and already has a good number of sales) and just wanted another opinion.
People like that know how to write messages that doesn't come across as spam, I'm sure you do too!  🙂

Edited by zeus777
  • Like 1