Have you ever left a bad feedback for buyer?

jeffersonajosep

19 hours ago, jeffersonajosep said:

I was wondering if you have ever left a bad feedback for a buyer? I am curious also if the buyer can actually cancel because of the bad review?

Thank you.

J

I have so far! Thinking that the client will leave a bad review too since the buyer is too deceptive, gave him 2 stars lol and he gave me 5 stars

Some others I have given 1 too but that doesn't mean they'll cancel the order. They don't receive a notification like we do after getting feedbacks. Try to read this article too https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010544097-Feedback-and-Ratings.

• Like 10

On 11/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, shahadat32 said:

Provide buyer a better work experience and never ever any buyer give you bad review

I honestly didn't ask the question about HOW to have a better experience. By commenting that, you're telling me that I didn't provide a better work experience and you didn't know about the whole situation. But thanks anyways.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:31 AM, aadvika__roslin said:

I have so far! Thinking that the client will leave a bad review too since the buyer is too deceptive, gave him 2 stars lol and he gave me 5 stars

Some others I have given 1 too but that doesn't mean they'll cancel the order. They don't receive a notification like we do after getting feedbacks. Try to read this article too https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010544097-Feedback-and-Ratings.

Thank you for your honestly aadvika. I have never done it yet. But very very close before. And this last week client is just such a bad experience. OMG, talking about pushing someone's button. I tried my best to calm myself down.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

On 11/10/2021 at 10:49 PM, zeus777 said:

Even though I was quite tempted to do so a few times, so far I haven't.
So far all my buyers have given me positive feedback, even though some of them were quite difficult/demanding and annoying to work with. 😅

LOL..I have been so closed very close before, but never done it. But i am very close on this one.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, jeffersonajosep said:

Thank you for your honestly aadvika. I have never done it yet. But very very close before. And this last week client is just such a bad experience. OMG, talking about pushing someone's button. I tried my best to calm myself down.

LoL 🤣..they are just too pushy but sometimes one need to calm down like you did. But more order to your account dear 🙂😊

• Like 6

I have no laid down principles on rating a buyer.

I let the spore of the moment determine what I would rate the buyer. This is because it would aid the next seller (that would work with the buyer) a better view of what he/she should be expecting

• Like 6

A few times. 

If your review is honest and professional, it can be negative. It is your right to describe your experience (and help fellow sellers out by warning them). 

If the buyer doesn’t like it, they may go to your inbox with some empty threats but you can just parrot the line that it is your right to describe your experience honestly. And maybe block and report them if they are getting too rowdy. 

• Like 10

I gave a 2 to single incredibly nitpicky, over demanding buyer who had me go through several revisions (back when I still offered revisions) while he gave me a 5 star review for the same order.

It IS a potentially risky thing to do since people becoming vindictive and going out of their way to inflict harm out of spite is a very really possibility. I would say, if you are going to be harsh about a buyer, block the buyer from purchasing from you again so that they can't place a fake/ridiculous order to simply damage your account.

On 11/10/2021 at 8:36 AM, shahadat32 said:

Provide buyer a better work experience and never ever any buyer give you bad review

Patently false. A seller can do everything right and OVERDELIVER on what is expected and still receive a sub 5-star review. The buyer can review however they want, whether logically, emotionally, irrationally, spitefully, or any other reasoning. The buyer having a bad day at work and trouble in their household might be reason enough that they may take their frustration out on a freelancer...who knows.

• Like 6

The one case where I really would have left a bad review to inform other sellers of the blackmaily ways of that buyer, they didn't leave a review for me, so I couldn't.

The system is a tiny bit out of balance in that regard, but I guess it's a necessary sacrifice to give buyers the option to not be reviewed to protect their privacy, and privacy option is a good thing, generally, so it's fine; in really severe cases, you can report, after all.

Else, I never saw a real reason to leave a bad review so far. 

• Like 10

First time when I left a bad review was this month - the work was made good and on time, and buyer was happy with the result - he told about it, BUT everytime when he had any questions, he sent the work for the revision. It's just a question, and not really about the results of my work 😕  It was 16 times!!! It was crazy - I provided 2 revisions, but he sent again and again.

Questions was like "How do you think, which way is better" or "Need your advice in this". He left 5 star, I left 1 star 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2