Buyer requests

contractchecker

I use Buyer Requests (I have to, because Fiverr plays with my advertising exposure and the stupid analytics penalties knock me out for about 6 months of every year!)  I have done nearly 900 gigs and sent nearly 3000 Buyer Request responses.

I would like to see far more features in the buyer request system.  It clearly has some programming faults.

1. Fiver seems to set whatever requests I get based on my gigs.  But I think it is only some of my gigs.  I would like to be able to set my key words.  I would like to know what the current system is actually doing.
  2. I would like to have some choice of the order that requests are sent.
  3. I think the limit of 10 is ridiculous - maybe we could make it higher for people on higher levels.  I respond to 10 nearly every day and then just delete the rest - silly.
  4. There appears to be a limit of 30 responses - is that right.  Where does it say that?
  5. There should be some oversight on Buyer Requests.  A lot of them threaten - and these should be deleted.  A lot of them suggest payment methods which are clearly outside the TOS - but Fiverr allows them.  A lot of them do not have enough information to quote and yet still people quote - showing the system is flawed.
  6. Some buyers suggest that you PM them - but you can't!!!
  7. There needs to be a system where you can ask the buyer for more information.
  8. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a fixed format for Buyer Requests - that might solve a lot of problems.

Fiverr is an excellent idea - but I think Buyer Requests needs some attention.

Kerry

• Like 22
  • Up 2

This is Bill from the “Fiverr Complaint Department.

Well, it’s not really a department. It’s mostly just me sitting in this one man office. And actually, I’m starting to suspect that this office is more of a closet. Surely they can’t think I need all those paper clips? 

Anyhoo, I’m sifting through the forum complaints - as I’m sure you know, the fastest way to ensure changes are implemented to fiverr is the Fiverr Forum (boy was I surprised to know that rant isn't code for "comedic tryout.") - anyway I think your complaint may qualify for the bimonthly complaint presentation

Yeah, that’s the protocol ‘round here. It breaks down like this:

Mondays: Weekly expectations and “new” projects. Also Tacos. Because Tuesdays can suck it, Gus. 

Tuesdays: Team exercises and trust building. 

I can’t even begin to tell you how many bruises I’ve nursed from some new kid not following the trust building exercises correctly. Like, I’m falling and your less than a foot away. 

Wednesdays: Streisand Wednesday. 

Thursdays: Project Pitch Prep Day. Also, Joe Pantoliano appreciation day. 

We really, really like Joe Pantoliano movies around here. Did you know the Seller Plus program is based entirely off a Joey Pants scene in the “Sopranos?” True story. 

Friday: Project pitches. Also, Every 8th Friday, Complaint Reviews. 

That’s where you come in. I can’t say for sure, but it looks like I’m leaning toward presenting your complaint. Honestly, I’m only allowed one. But hey, you’ve got a pretty good shot. It’s looking like a hot race between you and some voice over artist in Tahoe that decided to do all her orders as “Tony the Tiger,” and she wants the modification system overhauled. I guess she doesn’t think, “Theyrrrre Great!

To be fair, her Tony is spot on

In any event, I’m just whipping up your complaint into presentation format. I wanted to cover some fine points with you to make sure I’m really articulating your points. I think it’s best that we approach it like a real community bulletin board to make some “real world” points. See how this works:

1. Bulletin Boards could use some more red tape. 

You’d like a system, whereby managers, team leaders and administrators have to approve messages on the board. Maybe you’d like someone hired to be an official “thumbtack keeper.” Possibly a team. Maybe some sort of high end alarm system that notifies the bosses when someone tacks up material that you don’t like. Furthermore, you’re willing to wait until people no longer need your service, as they go through the approval process. 

2. You'd Like a Coat Checker for Your Coat Specifically 

You’d like a system that seemingly specifies what your interests are and anticipates what may or may not apply to you. I think you’re onto something here - having less options is sometimes better. Especially when you’re exclusively relying on those options. Which is how big businesses are made. 

3. You’d like Bulletin Board Participants to be Overwhelmed.  

Obviously having to vet and contact 100 potential services is easier than three. This vetting system will take much longer and result in more jobs for people as the market continues to split. Simple math really. 

4. You’d rather Contact them at Home than through the provided channels. 

Now this, this makes sense. People love direct contact, via solicitation. If it’s one thing customers love - it’s when you go around the contact info they designed for you - to contact them in alternate ways. It shows them dedication. 

Okay. Let me just get my ducks in a row and make this case in a solid, direct manner. Of course, it’s going to take a few months to get to it

Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a system where you could instantly issue this request? Like … a board or something? Where it didn’t require jumping hoops to get immediate responses? I’m sure that they’d get some strange complaints by doing it that way, but at least the legitimate ones would reach the intended audience quickly. This way, they wouldn’t have to pay for an entire department to facilitate and everyone would kind of, just muscle up and get through the muck themselves - which is what all of us are expected to do on some level. Better yet, we wouldn’t have to wait so long to get things done. I wish there was something like that. Some free thing that doesn’t need to be regulated to death … we’ll just use our collective will power and make decisions for ourselves.

Oh well. We’ll speak soon. 

Bill 

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Wow Bill

Thank you for your forthrightness and openness.

Maybe instead of having an over view team, you allow people to complain about certain postings - with a codified reason.  Then we do all the work - not you!

It is not the coat checker so much.  Although that is true.  It is more that I think I do not get BR for some of my gigs.  My Fiverr business model is to have lots of gigs - the max number - and to get a small response to each one.  The Fiverr model seems more about people only having one or two gigs.  (Also that is one reason why the nasty analytics penalty impacts on me - get into trouble and I cannot advertise my services - only platform I know of where if you are naughty, you lose marketing abilities.  And I have never actually been naughty - just confused and badly used by Buyers)

Many buyers, even most, in my area do not describe what they want very well.  So you need to get clarification.  It amazes me that people can quote for a badly defined programing request - it is just a nonsense.

Thanks again

Kerry

PS Do you do other complaints as well?

• Like 7

On 11/9/2021 at 7:50 AM, contractchecker said:

I use Buyer Requests (I have to, because Fiverr plays with my advertising exposure and the stupid analytics penalties knock me out for about 6 months of every year!)  I have done nearly 900 gigs and sent nearly 3000 Buyer Request responses.

I would like to see far more features in the buyer request system.  It clearly has some programming faults.

1. Fiver seems to set whatever requests I get based on my gigs.  But I think it is only some of my gigs.  I would like to be able to set my key words.  I would like to know what the current system is actually doing.
  3. I think the limit of 10 is ridiculous - maybe we could make it higher for people on higher levels.  I respond to 10 nearly every day and then just delete the rest - silly.
  4. There appears to be a limit of 30 responses - is that right.  Where does it say that?
  5. There should be some oversight on Buyer Requests.  A lot of them threaten - and these should be deleted.  A lot of them suggest payment methods which are clearly outside the TOS - but Fiverr allows them.  A lot of them do not have enough information to quote and yet still people quote - showing the system is flawed.
  8. Maybe it would be a good idea to have a fixed format for Buyer Requests - that might solve a lot of problems.

Kerry

I also agree with you.

• Like 3

Kerry

Kerry

I also agree with you.

• Like 2

Buyers Request has needed attention for years and reporting rule breakers doesn't do much. I remember when it wasn't restricted to the gigs that were offered. As soon as the new changes were implemented, BR became unpredictable.

I personally, would have loved to see the planned job board that was promised way back when. And based on all the changes and news releases of late, I doubt Buyers Request will get the TLC it needs any time soon.

• Like 1