Let's find out the exact Fiverr Gig Image size!

suman4graphic

Hi there,

Here’s a bit confusing about the size of the Fiverr gig image. I've tried different sizes for gig images, but I can't be satisfied with any of them. I tried to find it here in the Fiverr forum, but most people suggest the recommended size of Fiverr. 

I also tried Fiverr's recommended size. They represented two different sizes for gig images in two different places.

1. In the “Gig Gallery” section recommended dimensions of the Fiverr gig image are at least 550 pixels width x 370 pixels height. (Screenshot added)
  2. In the “Gig Images: Do's and Don'ts” article, the recommended image size is at least 690  x 426px. (Screenshot added)

Screenshot_1.png                 Screenshot_2.png

Both sizes are okay, but I noticed they are not the exact size at all because they leave some space on the left and right. However, Fiverr nowhere says that it is the actual size, they always say “at least”. Thus, they are safe. But we need to find out the right size.

For my last gig, I researched Fiverr gig image size and discovered the exact size. Now, I'm gonna share the exact size with you.

Gig image size Solution:

First things first, I wanna say thanks to my “Graphic Design” profession because it helps me determine the right solution. Otherwise, it was impossible for me. Now, let’s go for the solution.

I calculate the desktop resolution & after analysis; I discover the gig image’s exact size is 712 x 427 pixels. Hang on, that's not at all. We need to set a margin & safe zone to make it responsive for all devices. I noticed that mobile devices crop up a lot of space from left and right. So, I organized a margin & safe zone for it. Now I am sharing everything that I am doing.

1. We know the gig image’s exact size is 712 x 427 pixels.
  2. For a better resolution, I doubled it. So, after making twice our artboard size is now 1424 x 854 pixels.
  3. I made a margin of 152 x 27 pixels. So, we have 1120 x 800 pixels without margin. We shouldn’t put anything outside of the margin; otherwise, the mobile device will crop your content from left & right.
  4. Next, we have to set a safe zone for design. It is enough to leave 20 pixels from every side for the safe zone. So, our final design area is now 1080 x 760 pixels. That’s all.

Is it complicated to understand? Don't worry, I have already made a template for it & I will add it here for you. Hope it will assist you. Don’t forget to share your opinion & experience after applying this.

Thanks & regards,

Suman Roy

Graphic Designer.

Template.thumb.jpg.72dbb6a44a287014dfabf9414d0dbcad.jpg

Edited by suman4graphic
Formatting correction
  • Like 67
  • Sad 1
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, jimsarker75 said:

Fiverr Suggested Size are... 
550 pixels by 370 pi441376840_imagesize.png.d83c3ab746069d0509476e9fc2158eca.png.f06856e43bd82da5caab1dbb87011122.pngxels which is in an aspect ratio of 55 : 37.

Ya, I already attested it. But it will leave some extra space to left & right. I like to fill all space with my image background color. Hope you feel me.

• Like 45
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 9

9 hours ago, captain778 said:

Hi suman

Fiverr gig size 1100px by 740px

It used in my gig.

Regards 

Captain Aamir

I put a margin at 1120 * 760 and it's close to that. However, this will leave some white space on the left and right of your gig image. Could you try this one and let me know the difference between?

• Like 51

• 1 month later...

I think Fiverr updated the recommended ratios for the image because I can't see 550 x 370 as the minimum ratio anymore. It updated to 712 x 430 as the minimum ratio and 1280 x 769 as the recommended ratio. I don't know if it's showing this in my account only or everyone is seeing this. Can anyone confirm this?

gig ratio.png

• Like 36

1 hour ago, remnac said:

I think Fiverr updated the recommended ratios for the image because I can't see 550 x 370 as the minimum ratio anymore. It updated to 712 x 430 as the minimum ratio and 1280 x 769 as the recommended ratio. I don't know if it's showing this in my account only or everyone is seeing this. Can anyone confirm this?

gig ratio.png

Yes. I see that next to every image slot in a gallery when I edit gigs.

• Like 38

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

jesus.... 

as you can see, the thumbnails of the images in the catalog are a little stretched, it does not depend on what aspect ratios you used from the official recommendation, because when you upload the thumbnail, the edges are still cut off.

looking at the source code of the page, you can see that the cropped image that you uploaded as a cover has the property of stretching 100% in width, hence the "elongation" is created.

why fiverr does this, I don't understand.

22.jpg

11.jpg

• Like 33

• 4 weeks later...

What is the gig image size of the current FIVERR?
A few days ago, Fiverr came up with a lot of updates about Fiber Gig images.

The size of the Fiverr gig image used to be 550 * 370 px.
But in the new update this size has been changed.
Fiber gig image size according to the new rules

Default: 1280 x 769 px
Minimum: 712 x 430 px
Maximum: 4000 x 2416 px
So, like before, we can no longer use gig images of 550 x 370 px size.

Edited by jubairmobin
  • Like 30

• 6 months later...

Hi there,

I have just created my first gig and uploaded my gig images with the recommeded image size of 1280 x 769 px

If i look my gig up i see that my edges are cropped on the thumbnail. If i open my gig up the image seems fine there.

Am i doing something wrong here or do i need to use a margin?

See added images where you can sse the difference.

Thank you!

Gig Thumbnail

gig-thumbnail.PNG.4ead8f99c3f8aab407e4e506ba97d195.PNG

Gig image

920596474_gigimage.PNG.85413483a6179ada305eeb6096175752.PNG

• Like 28
  • Up 1

@cosmedia Just leave a bit of safety margin at the top, bottom and sides of your thumbnail. It crops differently on different devices, too, so this is best practice to do. 

On a side-note: I recommend using way less text on your thumbnails It will become unreadable on mobile and too much text looks messy. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 29
  • Up 1