Why do you use a time tracker?

soylakate

Given that Fiverr is based on quoting a price beforehand and not time and materials, the main reason I would use a time tracker is to determine the actual number of hours I used historically on jobs to have more accurate quotes in future for the time they take.

For example, you might believe that a job will take ten hours and you quote that. Using a time tracker, over several similar jobs, you might find that you consistently take twenty hours for that job. You might then looking at quoting higher in future to cover the actual effort and get paid for the work you a really doing rather than guessing.

It’s one established method in software engineering with Carnegie Mellon’s PSP for improving estimation accuracy, and therefore the number of errors/defects and delivery timeframe accuracy.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2021 at 2:34 AM, soylakate said:

What issues would you like to resolve with its help?

I haven’t used one but if it can quite accurately record the time taken in the past for certain jobs it could help prevent late deliveries in the future by allowing a more accurate quote for the number of delivery days (with enough time extra to allow for other things including other orders) + price. It could also tell you whether certain jobs are profitable enough or not really worth doing (eg. whether you’d get a lot more per hour doing something else).

Though you might be able to tell from just looking back on past orders and noting if there were any problems/whether ideally you would have needed more time or whether you had enough. But some jobs can be very different and it can depend on the source files the user gives and exactly what they want doing so that could make estimation difficult. 

• Like 6

As a designer or developer, you can accurately measure the number of hours worked and time allocated for each project, task, and client throughout the day. A time tracker lets you track both productivity and efficiency and deliver your project within an estimated time frame.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Who wants an official Fiverr time tracker for hourly work like me? 😊

We all know recently Fiverr lunch subscription that is awesome, A few categories sellers got this but do you think the hourly rate system is also good?

I'm working hourly basis for a Canadian buyer maintaining their Divi based WordPress website, First of all, we discuss a monthly basis but after discussion, we both agree to continue with hourly but the problem is Fiverr doesn't have any hourly tracker now, So I have to calculate the time manually or I'm using a Time tracker software myself. Luckily my client is good, he trust me & I didn't cheat but a transparent solution is must have I think. 

I had to say NO to almost 10 clients, Sorry Fiverr doesn't have the time tracker, we have to work on fixed price but you know sometimes they don't care, So ultimately I lost a potential client.

I'm back to the community again. 😘

• Like 10
  • Up 2

• 1 year later...