Can a client accept a gig when it's in revision?

sumiregoto

Question

I have a client who has been in my pipeline for over 70 days and will not accept the gig and keeps asking for minor changes. I have given over 10+ revisions and sometimes this client goes MIA for 2-3 weeks. I have tried to close the order but they keep reopening it only to ask me not to submit a revision so they can finalize everything on their end.

They said they would accept it on their end when they are ready but is that possible if its sitting in a revision state?

Does a gig sitting in revision for this long affect my stats and gig visibility on the platform?

Appreciate anyone's feedback! Thanks so much.

5 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, sumiregoto said:

Does a gig sitting in revision for this long affect my stats and gig visibility on the platform?

No, this will not affect your stats or Gig visibility in any way 🙂

5 minutes ago, sumiregoto said:

I have a client who has been in my pipeline for over 70 days and will not accept the gig and keeps asking for minor changes. I have given over 10+ revisions and sometimes this client goes MIA for 2-3 weeks. I have tried to close the order but they keep reopening it only to ask me not to submit a revision so they can finalize everything on their end.

Well, that sucks.. 🙄

I can see that on some of your packages that you offer unlimited revisions, and if this is one of the packages the client has ordered, there is little you can do about it. You can't really force the buyer to accept the package no matter how much they're taking the mick.

This is exactly why I offer zero free revisions in any of my packages. I very clearly make every buyer aware that any revision, no matter how big or small will be chargeable if it is something that they did not include in the requirements, just want it changing, or basically for any reason where I'm not at fault on my end, they pay me for my time. Plus, it acts as an effective deterrent against situations such as this one.

Looking through your profile and Gigs, you're very established, have great reviews, and it's clear you offer an in demand service and are good at what you do. You don't need to be offering unlimited revisions in any of your Gigs! My advice moving forward would be to change your packages so you don't encounter the same issue from other buyers.

4 hours ago, sumiregoto said:

They said they would accept it on their end when they are ready but is that possible if its sitting in a revision state?

Appreciate anyone's feedback! Thanks so much.

If you set unlimited revision in your gig packaging. Then the client can apply to you for revision as long as he likes the project/job. And you should work on the client's project until then. Note: Why did the client like your package? Maybe it's because it has unlimited revision and the client liked it. 

Another question for you: Does a gig sitting in revision for this long affect my stats and gig visibility on the platform?

Ans: don't affect Your stats and gig visibility on the platform. Not only that. As long as it is pending Until then it will help you get those gig impressions and clicks and orders.

Thank You 💖@sumiregoto

3 minutes ago, instagram_art said:

If you set unlimited revision in your gig packaging. Then the client can apply to you for revision as long as he likes the project/job. And you should work on the client's project until then. Note: Why did the client like your package? Maybe it's because it has unlimited revision and the client liked it. 

Another question for you: Does a gig sitting in revision for this long affect my stats and gig visibility on the platform?

Ans: don't affect Your stats and gig visibility on the platform. Not only that. As long as it is pending Until then it will help you get those gig impressions and clicks and orders.

Thank You 💖@sumiregoto

Collect information. Thanks

2 hours ago, instagram_art said:

Not only that. As long as it is pending Until then it will help you get those gig impressions and clicks and orders.

What are you talking about?

A pending order has no effect on anything you mentioned. Once complete, then it may have an effect on how a Gig performs.

Can you not quote information you've just pulled out of thin air and decided is somehow factual.

Archived