Attention Please!! Fiverr sellers!!!

thushanxeno

On 10/29/2021 at 2:25 AM, catwriter said:

It's kinda rude to call a lady who could be your grandmother "brother". Not to mention that it would be a terrible idea to call your buyers "brother', "sister", "dear", or any other term indicating that you're close even though you're a random stranger on the internet to them.

😁 I dont think about name and profile picture too much. Sorry for it. Yeah!!! I didn't youse buyer request to "brother", "sister", "dear", "madam", "Sir". Mainly i used the Client name .

Example : Hi catwriter,

On 10/29/2021 at 2:41 AM, mirzamazharbaig said:

English isn't our first language. So, It's not very strange that we don't know the conventions of the English language (Calling your buyers brothers, etc. is very common in South Asia). Can you tell me how I should address my clients? Mr., Ms., etc.?

Use clients name for it🏅 

On 10/29/2021 at 2:50 AM, krasnorudsky said:

Absolute truth! As a potential buyer, I will quickly choose a seller whose gig is described clearly, understandably and without errors, since this will be an indicator of seller’s professionalism and his/her approach to work.

If English is not perfect, there are many free servers on the Internet that will help you make a high-quality translation of your gig (or contact the sellers who works in the field of translation 😉). It is really not difficult to check any information related to language norms.

well said🤘 more translation tools internet

• Like 43
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not sure if you're aware @thushanxeno  but the following comment is actually directed at you and your English 😐 your English is hard to understand.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:56 AM, vickiespencer said:

My tip for sellers is to make sure your English communication skills do not give your potential buyers a headache because of the struggle they have to interpret what  you say in you profile and gig descriptions. The original post is an excellent example of how to challenge your buyer to understand what you are attempting to say. 🙄

Also, responding to the following statement:

On 10/29/2021 at 12:36 PM, thushanxeno said:

New sellers need to improve mainly language English excellent. No any Doubt there. BUt Imressions and Clicks Rotate path to order.

Impression and click matters, but not as much as communication, in this case the ability to speak proper English. That is one of the main aspects that could sustain your business here in the long term. How can you expect potential buyer to use your service and trust you with their project when you can't even communicate properly?

Edited by kevindwren
  • Like 21
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1