Let's talk about the weather! šŸ„¶šŸ„µ

gina_riley2

I live in northeast Florida, here in the good ol' U.S. of A. It's still warm here and kinda dreary today but at least that gawd awful humidity of summer is gone.

One thing I miss about living in the south is the snow. Let's face it, Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas without some snow and bone chilling wind going thru your knitted cap to freeze your ears! Lol.

How's the weather in your part of the world? Are you in the Christmas mood? Anyone started holiday shopping yet?

šŸŽ…šŸ¤¶šŸ§‘ā€šŸŽ„

Great to know!
It's 24Ā°C outside and soon it will be 6-10 24Ā°C in average. Because winter is coming here in Bangladesh and i really love winter. I haven't started my holiday shopping, but I certainly will.
I think you're very exited for the upcoming Christmas. šŸŽ…Ā  Have you started holiday shopping? and what will be your plan for Christmas?

South Italy here. The weather is still warm, about 20Ā° C, with sunny days and occasional rain showers. We already have Christmas decorations in town but I don't feel the holiday spirit yet. I should wait for early December for it.Ā  More than Christmas mood I'm into cooking mood (or is it the same, who knows?) - I feel like baking a thousand batches of cookies and trying new recipes!

Living in the USA, we use Fahrenheit and sometimes I forget that the rest of the world uses Celsius! I always have to convert it in my head! šŸ˜†šŸ˜

Right now its 72 F here, but that converts to about 22 C? Raining, so it feels colder.

I always wanted to go some place with snow, like S. Dakota, Montana or Southern Canada. I've never had snow on Christmas Day.

Well, far as shopping is concerned, with the rise in shipping cost, I'm giving my nieces and nephews just money or gift cards via phone app. Kids are so picky these days, I have no idea the latest games, toys and stuff for each age group.

Grown ups don't get gifts in our family. We make a charitable donation in each of our names. After all, the whole meaning of this holiday is to give! šŸ’–šŸ’Ÿ

Recently moved to Southern Sweden (near the Danish border).Ā 

Not sure about how cold it's been exactly but the weather has been rather gross - mostly grey skies with some sunlight here and there - and days have been getting shorter and shorter.Ā 

I usually sleep in (because I sleep late) but woke up sometime before 7 and 8 yesterday and was really confused to see it was still dark outside!Ā 

As for holiday shopping - plan to do it when I go back home (to Hungary) for my cooking / living stuff (hopefully we are taking a car!) It's cheaper there so...

Ā 

(But honestly we are just about to have to big Halloween party so... No Christmas before that!)Ā 

4 hours ago, alphagev said:

I feel like baking a thousand batches of cookies and trying new recipes!

What a coincidence. We here at the forum feel like eating a thousand batches of cookies! šŸ˜ƒ

How cold does it get during the winter months in the south of Italy?

6 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

How's the weather in your part of the world? Are you in the Christmas mood? Anyone started holiday shopping yet?

It's not too bad here at the moment. The temperature probably averages out to around 14C, but it won't be too long before it's under half of that.

I have started thinking about Christmas shopping. I'm really early this year. I don't usually start to think about Christmas until at least December. I haven't bought anything yet, but I've largely decided what I'm going to buy for people.

@surajkarthaĀ will be getting these emoji cushions. Then I can sneak into his house every day and rearrange them into different puzzles. šŸ˜‰

image.png.fd5544ff7933a51f944708a221fabc7d.png

2 hours ago, shawalshajib said:

six seasons.Ā 

šŸ˜² What are seasons 5 and 6? Curious minds want to know. šŸ˜„

Ā 

2 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

emoji cushions.

I'd love to have those!!

I just haven't been in the holiday mood. Last year and this year has just been a blur Covid in 2020 and me being in the hospital 3 times this year has pretty much taken the jolly out of the season.

I'm not too happy about the weather, either. Maybe I just have the winter blues. I need to shake it off!

Ā 

Ā 

14 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

How's the weather in your part of the world?

Here in western Montana, the fall colors are fading as the wind is blowing the leaves from the trees. The weather has been in the high 50s to low 60s. Some days are beautiful and sunny, some have been cloudy and damp.

Ā 

Ā 

14 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

Are you in the Christmas mood? Anyone started holiday shopping yet?

I am not in the Christmas mood yet, but I do have a few presents bought and tucked away. Like @ahmwritingco I have been planning what I want to buy for my family members.

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

days have been getting shorter and shorter.Ā 

Here too. It is not completely light until 8 ish and it gets dark at about 6:15 ish.

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, katakatica said:

I usually sleep in (because I sleep late) but woke up sometime before 7 and 8

Now that I am older and I can I like to sleep until 8 or 8:30. It is such a treat after spending the last two years getting up at 6:30 am to care for our youngest granddaughter.

Ā 

13 hours ago, alphagev said:

I feel like baking a thousand batches of cookies and trying new recipes!

I like to try new recipes too. Right now I am trying to use up all of the food in my freezer so I have room for Christmas baking.

12 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

I always wanted to go some place with snow, like S. Dakota, Montana or Southern Canada. I've never had snow on Christmas Day.

Anytime you want to come up north we have plenty of snow in the mountains of Montana at Christmas time.

12 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

Grown ups don't get gifts in our family. We make a charitable donation in each of our names. After all, the whole meaning of this holiday is to give! šŸ’–šŸ’Ÿ

What a great idea!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Literally the weather right nowšŸ™ˆĀ 

+30C throughout a year. And I donā€™t miss snow at all, I had enough of it in Russia with winters at ā€”50C. Brrr. Not doing that ever again.Ā 
The heat does spoil a Christmas mood a little and it does feel weird but Iā€™m ready to sacrifice Christmas mood for a happy mood throughout a year.Ā 
Or to just just put my aircon on lowest and put a sweater on at home ha haĀ 

0852D0DB-2001-4F63-B861-834F63A0B3DD.jpeg

5 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

The heat does spoil a Christmas mood a little and it does feel weird but Iā€™m ready to sacrifice Christmas mood for a happy mood throughout a year.Ā 

That... looks awesome! I actually was hoping to move down to the South but I chose living with other people in my field (so now I can geek out about being a game 'dev' lol but... I want that pool! We do have a sauna open somewhere near tho so..hm. Sunny Christmas is still Christmas šŸ˜„

(that being said, I'm gearing up for my first trip up north to chase Northern lights so I can't complain much either!

14 hours ago, ahmwritingco said:

What a coincidence. We here at the forum feel like eating a thousand batches of cookies! šŸ˜ƒ

How cold does it get during the winter months in the south of Italy?

We have a deal then šŸŖ
Not very cold indeed - around 10Ā°C or less. During winter we usually have a sunny/cloudy sky on the same day and rain doesn't last long.
But yeah, days are shorter. During summer sunset was around 8 - 9 but now the sun disappears around 6 - 7pm. Kinda depressing.
We had a couple of cold winters when the temperature dropped to 0Ā°C. They were an event and everybody was staring at the flaky snow falling from the sky and quickly melting onto the streets. Ā 
From my home, I can see Mount Vesuvius and its top whitened with light snow.

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I like to try new recipes too. Right now I am trying to use up all of the food in my freezer so I have room for Christmas baking.

Ā 

Last Christmas I tried an original Japanese recipe for Gyozas and they came out pretty good!

20 hours ago, alphagev said:

Japanese recipe for Gyozas

Ahhhh, gyoza!! They are great. A new gyoza restaurant just opened near my house 2 weeks ago, (they claim to have the juiciest gyozas in the city!!)
I'm planning to go there very soon.Ā 

As for the weather, in Tokyo it's nice and sunny today and it's 20C. So I guess that'a about 68~70F.
Gotta love this temperature!!

Ā 

On 10/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, gina_riley2 said:

One thing I miss about living in the south is the snow. Let's face it, Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas without some snow and bone chilling wind going thru your knitted cap to freeze your ears! Lol.

I have a Brazilian friend, who had never experienced snow until last year. She sent me a selfie where she was holding some snow in her hand and smiling from ear to ear. It was very wholesome. šŸ˜

On 10/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, gina_riley2 said:

In Lithuania the days are cold, windy and quite rainy. Although it makes for some very cozy evenings inside šŸ˜„

6 hours ago, shawalshajib said:
  • Monsoon
  • Autumn
  • Pre-winter
  • Winter

Lol. šŸ˜† Where do you live? I heard that Taiwan and India get heavy rainy season or monsoon season.

I saw a documentary that a certain national park in India that has wild tigers are shut down for like 3 to 4 months due to floods and monsoon. I love rain, but in moderation.

1 hour ago, gajuseidi said:

Lithuania the days are cold, windy and quite rainy

It's rainy, cold and windy here in Florida yesterday and today. Nice days to be curled up with some hot cocoa. šŸ˜‹

Archived