Jump to content

Is there a way to get notifications on buyer request? Would be a good add if there isn't.


talk2sydney
 Share

Recommended Posts

Getting Buyers is getting harder by the day. Another way for new sellers is to go the buyer request route. However, that too is tricky. If you don't see the request on time, other sellers would have made their offers and possibly won over the  buyer. It would be nice if there could be a notification for when there's a request pertaining to your Gig category. Your thoughts please........

  • Like 11
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, talk2sydney said:

Getting Buyers is getting harder by the day.

That's because 99.9% of people use the buyer request section in a way it was not intended.

The buyer request section was originally made for buyers to look for people to perform work, where it was an extremely specific niche, meaning they could not find an existing buyer on the site for what they wanted. However, the buyer request section has turned into a sea of desperation, full of sellers begging for work, and full of buyers looking to exploit new sellers with severely underpaid and overworked jobs. At the end of the day, the only reason a buyer will be posting a buyer request is if they can already find a seller that performs what they're after, is that they don't want to pay you what you're worth.

I always say your time is much better invested in using Fiverr the way it is actually intended. Having buyers come to you. If you want to bid on jobs and look for work, there are platforms for that out there, like UpWork.
If you spend your time on how you present your Gig, and getting the basics right as a new seller, you will have a much better experience than trawling through the buyer request section each day.

If you're relying on buyer requests to get work, you're doing it wrong and need to revaluate your whole approach. Okay, they may be okay for brand new sellers to get some form of feedback and experience. I never used them, and got along just fine. But I don't understand this approach and mindset where a large proportion of members on this forum focus their time and effort on buyer requests. Set yourself up for long term success instead.

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joshnadin said:

That's because 99.9% of people use the buyer request section in a way it was not intended.

The buyer request section was originally made for buyers to look for people to perform work, where it was an extremely specific niche, meaning they could not find an existing buyer on the site for what they wanted. However, the buyer request section has turned into a sea of desperation, full of sellers begging for work, and full of buyers looking to exploit new sellers with severely underpaid and overworked jobs. At the end of the day, the only reason a buyer will be posting a buyer request is if they can already find a seller that performs what they're after, is that they don't want to pay you what you're worth.

I always say your time is much better invested in using Fiverr the way it is actually intended. Having buyers come to you. If you want to bid on jobs and look for work, there are platforms for that out there, like UpWork.
If you spend your time on how you present your Gig, and getting the basics right as a new seller, you will have a much better experience than trawling through the buyer request section each day.

If you're relying on buyer requests to get work, you're doing it wrong and need to revaluate your whole approach. Okay, they may be okay for brand new sellers to get some form of feedback and experience. I never used them, and got along just fine. But I don't understand this approach and mindset where a large proportion of members on this forum focus their time and effort on buyer requests. Set yourself up for long term success instead.

Thanks a lot for your submission Josh! and thanks for the clarity. I agree with you that Buyers exploit that section and take advantage of Sellers, Oit's quite sad really. But what options do the new sellers have after doing the best they can to present their gigs and still don't get any orders? Setting up for long term success could still include visiting the buyer request section, I don't know about other sellers though but I go there just to get the get good reviews which on the long run would translate to buyers having confidence in my Gigs.

  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, talk2sydney said:

Getting Buyers is getting harder by the day. Another way for new sellers is to go the buyer request route. However, that too is tricky. If you don't see the request on time, other sellers would have made their offers and possibly won over the  buyer. It would be nice if there could be a notification for when there's a request pertaining to your Gig category. Your thoughts please........

Seller Plus from Fiverr gives you buyer request alerts.

  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2021 at 3:11 PM, talk2sydney said:

Getting Buyers is getting harder by the day. Another way for new sellers is to go the buyer request route. However, that too is tricky. If you don't see the request on time, other sellers would have made their offers and possibly won over the  buyer. It would be nice if there could be a notification for when there's a request pertaining to your Gig category. Your thoughts please........

fiverr plus seller can get the notification whenever new buyer request comes.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Buyer Request section is being used to catch new buyers who need positive reviews and make them work for pennies. Working for these people is like taking a buck of garbage and emptying it in the middle of your living room. Saying you need a 15k manuscript but you only would pay $30, has nothing to do with fair play and sense of a balanced transaction, and more with an evil model of business. And seeing this kind of request receive 15, 20, 30 offers, is even more shocking. I think we, sellers, should make these dishonest buyers back off. How? Just sending honest offers with the right price and showing them that excellent performance is worth it. I think it is the only way these people could understand. The good ones would stay on the platform. It is just what I think about it.

  • Like 4
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ameliasan said:

And seeing this kind of request receive 15, 20, 30 offers, is even more shocking. I think we, sellers, should make these dishonest buyers back off. How? Just sending honest offers with the right price and showing them that excellent performance is worth it. I think it is the only way these people could understand. The good ones would stay on the platform. It is just what I think about it.

I entirely agree, or instead of sending any offers at all, just to simply stop enabling the buyers who are looking to exploit sellers entirely.

However, that will never happen whilst people are willing to work on jobs for an absolute fraction of what they should be doing.
Sellers who engage them don't realise that they're just shooting themselves in the foot by facilitating the buyers in the first place. Why would any seller want to come and pay what their time, effort and experience is actually worth if they can find some poor soul to perform the same task for drastically less? All these sellers are doing is de-valuing themselves, and everybody else in their niche.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...