Cancellation of sale due to possible fraud attempt

maezma85

Question

This user bought me a package with Mandalas predesigns and after I delivered it he spent more than 40 hours without connecting. Today he comes back and asks for a modification claiming that "he cannot download the file" and then I explain that Fiverr locks the files until the order is completed and once he marks the order as complete he can see the downloaded material without any blocking (which is for seller protection) and after this he tells me:

"Hi, i have been a customer with fiverr for awhile now i can not accept work i have not seen.I prefer not to download work with fiverr watermark.Are you able to let me see the work before i can download? Thanks"

I answer him:

By no means, please request the cancellation of the sale and I will accept it but I will not risk my work

And later I accepted the cancellation but the only one who has been harmed was me. 

Even in the GIG there are samples of the designs and the pages, everything is perfectly explained in the GIG

Do you think what I did was okay? Should I report this to Fiverr? Because this action has ruined my stats just because the user is requesting improper things and pretending to make the seller vulnerable.

5 answers to this question

You should not have offered the cancellation. If he has been a fiverr customer for a while he should be aware that there are watermarks on images sent on the order or message system. Personally in this situation I would deliver the order with file attached. Then he can download it without the watermark, and accept it if he is happy. If he wasn't happy with it at that point, he can request revisions. I don't think there is much fiverr support will be able to do at this stage as you brought up the cancellation and then accepted the request. I would take it as a learning experience and try to avoid the situation in the future. 

32 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

You should not have offered the cancellation. If he has been a fiverr customer for a while he should be aware that there are watermarks on images sent on the order or message system. Personally in this situation I would deliver the order with file attached. Then he can download it without the watermark, and accept it if he is happy. If he wasn't happy with it at that point, he can request revisions. I don't think there is much fiverr support will be able to do at this stage as you brought up the cancellation and then accepted the request. I would take it as a learning experience and try to avoid the situation in the future. 

I mean the support request so that they can remove the cancellation from the statistics since it is not fair, I only defended my work from a possible scam. And the other purpose of contacting support is to have it seen because it must. The file to download was a 500 MB .rar file

I offered the cancellation because obviously he was asking for something that was not appropriate because it violates my seller protection and I did not want to get a bad rating for reasons other than the service. There was no other possibility: either I would give him the file without a watermark so that he could see it or he would mark the order complete but give me a bad rating. Even in the GIG there are samples of 12 of the 150 designs and all the detailed description of file weight, image quality, resolution, page size, etc. It was unnecessary for him to ask for this and I think that Fiverr should be tough about these things because we are always the harmed sellers even if we fully respect the rules.

There are two images like this that were in the GIG as a sample of the content

https://imgur.com/tNzgMxR

And in the description of the GIG and the frequently asked questions everything was described (These are some examples)

What type of designs will I get?

Please watch at the preview images in the GIG  to see the type of designs that you will get in this package. All designs are a perfect fit for printing on an A4 (21 X 29,7 CM) page.

How will you deliver the files?

I will be delivering all the images in a zip or rar file for ease of download. Total file size 580MB

7 minutes ago, maezma85 said:

mean the support request so that they can remove the cancellation from the statistics since it is not fair, I only defended my work from a possible scam. And the other purpose of contacting support is to have it seen because it must. The file to download was a 500 MB .rar file

I have found that CS will reinstate your stats in a case like this. If I were you I would contact them.

4 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I have found that CS will reinstate your stats in a case like this. If I were you I would contact them.

Thank you very much Vicky, I already sent a message to the support mentioning everything that happened but I thank you very much for confirming that the possibility exists.

21 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Finally CS was able to reset my stats. I wanted to comment on it here as an update. Thank you very much everyone for the help and especially to you Vicky!

Archived