How do you "Fiverrers" celebrate Halloween in your country? πŸŽƒ

samus_x

HI GUYS!Β πŸ‘» The spookiest night of all year is approaching and...

I was curious to know, how do you handsome people from all over the world celebrate Halloween in your native country?

...Or in the country you live in?

...Or you have lived in?

Ok, ok you might be a little shy so I will start first:

expressive-middle-aged-man-with-overweight-wearing-2021-09-30-15-57-35-utc.thumb.jpg.49b799e1f2a8a865a802433142b87f36.jpg

I am Samuele and I am from Italy, here Halloween is not felt, or at least is not felt deeply.

We have in fact borrowed the name and the customs of this holiday from anglo-saxon countries as we have never had a real festivity on October 31st, we recently (20 years ago or so) borrowed the complete package with pumpkins, sweets, trick-or-treats etc.

The quite recent adoption of the foreign holiday implies that elders are not really used to anything of the Halloween celebrations and often get scared when children go around ringing their doorbell and asking for candies.

On the other hand, we have a holiday on November 1st, the day after Halloween, that is called "Ognissanti", that means "All the Saints", and is probably a cultural parallel that generated here in Italy because of the Christian origin our country has.

Β 

funny pic

On 10/4/2021 at 1:35 AM, mrtech01 said:

Hello,Β  fiverr forum!

I am a new seller on fiverr.com. I am a well skilled seller. I am expert on followingΒ  task: Data entry, b2b lead generation, Web research, LinkedIn research, Data scraping, Data mining, Professional typing ,Copy paste Data entry, excel Data entry, Email marketing, product upload, Product listing and more task. I have four gig on this task. ButΒ Β I didn't get any work. What can I do now? Please help me to get a job on fiverr.com. I love to work with fiverr. and I respect fiverr terms & condition. Thank you in advance.

Β 

We will be doing a big party ourselves in Sweden - but I'm not sure how big Halloween itself is! I recently got my hair done so I'm debating dressing up as Anger from Inside out, a creepy version of Ariel or decaying/ zombie Minnie Mouse (lost one has nothing to do with my hair I just have clothes for it).Β 

As for like actually celebrating as a country - I'm pretty sure most European countries just do it for the extra chance to sell candy / etc for now. It's fun but it's more like carnival/etc which someone might find disrespectful (as it's right before the 1st of November and all.)

15 hours ago, samus_x said:

he quite recent adoption of the foreign holiday implies that elders are not really used to anything of the Halloween celebrations and often get scared

Or - first-hand experience - they blame globalization for the new festivity seen as linked to the devil 🀣

I'm from England, and my house has been decorated with halloween/autumnal decor since October 1st, watching horror and eating halloween treats. Today I have noticed everyone has pumpkins already carved outside their doorsteps . We also just had a Pumpkin Festival in my local townΒ πŸŽƒ Β 

23 hours ago, samus_x said:

HI GUYS!Β πŸ‘» The spookiest night of all year is approaching and...

I was curious to know, how do you handsome people from all over the world celebrate Halloween in your native country?

...Or in the country you live in?

...Or you have lived in?

Ok, ok you might be a little shy so I will start first:

expressive-middle-aged-man-with-overweight-wearing-2021-09-30-15-57-35-utc.thumb.jpg.49b799e1f2a8a865a802433142b87f36.jpg

I am Samuele and I am from Italy, here Halloween is not felt, or at least is not felt deeply.

We have in fact borrowed the name and the customs of this holiday from anglo-saxon countries as we have never had a real festivity on October 31st, we recently (20 years ago or so) borrowed the complete package with pumpkins, sweets, trick-or-treats etc.

The quite recent adoption of the foreign holiday implies that elders are not really used to anything of the Halloween celebrations and often get scared when children go around ringing their doorbell and asking for candies.

On the other hand, we have a holiday on November 1st, the day after Halloween, that is called "Ognissanti", that means "All the Saints", and is probably a cultural parallel that generated here in Italy because of the Christian origin our country has.

Β 

WOwΒ πŸ˜„

Here in Scotland, the kids go out "guising" on Halloween (All Hallows Eve) - dress up as gouls and ghosts.Β  They have a rhyme they say and ask for sweets.Β  It's a big thing here, with parties, dunking for apples, treakle toffee and such.Β 

Last year there was lockdown, but it looks like they'll be out again this year.

For those unfamiliar: 31st October is "all souls day" in the Christian calendar, followed by "all saints day" on 1st November.Β  November is given over to prayers and masses for the souls of the dead.Β  Halloween was superimposed on the pagan fire festival of Samhain, which marks the harvest and beginning of the dark part of the year.Β 

We kinda split it up a bit ... November 5th is the fire bit now.Β  Bonfire night is celebrated with, well, bonfires and fireworks.Β  That used to be part of Samhain.Β 

Those dratted Romans and their new ideas.Β  Ancient folks just worked around them ...

Β 

Β 

Archived