Recently, I brought an old laptop so should I login my Fiverr account because I don't know that laptop used before Fiverr or not?

mohd_roman

Question

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, mohd_roman said:

should I contact about this issue with Fiverr support?

No, because it's not an issue. Especially if you're, as @alexandamedia mentioned, doing a fresh OS install. There are FAR riskier things on used computers than the possibility of a previously banned Fiverr Seller. (Like viruses, worms, malicious apps, dumb downloads, foolish installs...)

So you bought a laptop and you are worrying about the chance the previous owner was not only a fiverr user, but a fiverr user who was banned previously. Seems more than a tad unlikely. I'd imagine you'd be doing a fresh install of your OS and also connecting to your own internet. So unless Fiverr somehow is recording the HWID of all their users (they aren't) I don't see why there would be any issues.

You'll be fine. Just log in as normal.

21 hours ago, alexandamedia said:

So you bought a laptop and you are worrying about the chance the previous owner was not only a fiverr user, but a fiverr user who was banned previously. Seems more than a tad unlikely. I'd imagine you'd be doing a fresh install of your OS and also connecting to your own internet. So unless Fiverr somehow is recording the HWID of all their users (they aren't) I don't see why there would be any issues.

Thank you for the information 

23 hours ago, alexandamedia said:

Thanks a lot, I just installed fresh OS on my machine. 🙂

2 hours ago, imagination7413 said:

No, because it's not an issue. Especially if you're, as @alexandamedia mentioned, doing a fresh OS install. There are FAR riskier things on used computers than the possibility of a previously banned Fiverr Seller. (Like viruses, worms, malicious apps, dumb downloads, foolish installs...)

I installed fresh OS but worry about virus now. 😒
It's not good decision to buy an old laptop.

Archived