Requiring Pre-payment

sisterhipster

Question

I have some experience in helping a small business before and usually customers must pre-pay and it sucks when they get mad about it, but you don't know if they will ever come back to get it and you do the work for nothing.  I am in a pickle as to not to seem rude that they have to pre-pay for services.  They want me to record 1 line first and I am thinking how to react since I can't put in the message you need to pre-pay; something pops up about direct payment being wrong or whatever on the site.  I mean they need to pre-pay before someone offers a service.  I understand there are different types of people all over that handle things.  But I don't know if the character they are asking me to do has one line or not. I record and they say thank you and don't pay me is what I'm afraid of.  So, some help as to how to handle the customer would be good.

2 answers to this question

I'd say something along the lines of: "I'm glad you are interested in my services but here on Fiverr sellers must do everything through the order system. I don't offer free samples or trials. If you would like I can send a custom offer for 50% of the total work and 50% of the total price. Otherwise, please place an order through my gig so that I can provide what you are asking for"

Don't be afraid to say no or stand your ground to buyers. Unfortunately there are buyers out there who just want free samples and have no intention of actually placing an order. That's why I always make sure to bring up budget early when talking with buyers and refuse to give them free samples/ drafts.

15 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

I'd say something along the lines of: "I'm glad you are interested in my services but here on Fiverr sellers must do everything through the order system. I don't offer free samples or trials. If you would like I can send a custom offer for 50% of the total work and 50% of the total price. Otherwise, please place an order through my gig so that I can provide what you are asking for"

Don't be afraid to say no or stand your ground to buyers. Unfortunately there are buyers out there who just want free samples and have no intention of actually placing an order. That's why I always make sure to bring up budget early when talking with buyers and refuse to give them free samples/ drafts.

Thank you so much!  That was very helpful advice.

Archived