Where do sellers get music/jingles for their buyers?

logicat

Hi, i want to create a gig which includes short music/jingles as part of the order (Youtube intros). I saw that many sellers who offer similar services allow the buyer to include the music option in the videos they deliver to them. The music is supplied by the seller. I was wondering how those sellers obtain the music they include in the order. I know there are web sites which offer royalty free music, but they are never really free - You must either subscribe a monthly plan or buy a license. But in both cases, YOU (the seller) are buying the right to use the music, NOT your client, since the licenses are non-trasferable.

And moreover, what if the buyer wants to test 4/5 jingles/musics ? Do you need to buy them all, risking to lose a big amount of money if the client cancels the order ?

If there are any sellers who include music in their offer, can please give me any advice about the matter ?

The same applies to graphics, for example photos and illustrations which are included as background in graphic gigs. Thank you!

• Like 2

Look for sites that offer preview files. One example that comes to mind is Audio Jungle, but there are a few big sites around. These sites allow you to download a preview version of the sounds/music with their tag heard on top of it. You can perhaps send a draft version of the video with a watermark and also the preview track. Then if they are happy with the sound and the video then you can purchase the audio file and deliver it together.

It is worth checking their License FAQ pages to be sure, but from my experience, the license will allow you to purchase the files and use it in an end product that you will deliver for a client. You wouldn't however, be allowed to send the music file on its own.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

Look for sites that offer preview files. One example that comes to mind is Audio Jungle, but there are a few big sites around. These sites allow you to download a preview version of the sounds/music with their tag heard on top of it. You can perhaps send a draft version of the video with a watermark and also the preview track. Then if they are happy with the sound and the video then you can purchase the audio file and deliver it together.

It is worth checking their License FAQ pages to be sure, but from my experience, the license will allow you to purchase the files and use it in an end product that you will deliver for a client. You wouldn't however, be allowed to send the music file on its own.

Thank you for your response, i will give a better check at the license FAQ pages then!

• Like 1