What happens if you pause your gig frequently?

isai92

Hi!
I'm so happy to see that I'm receiving so many orders here in Fiverr, that it has become my main source of income. The thing is, combining the work from here and my other job, I have had so much to do, that I had to pause my gig for the first time ever. It was only for 3 days until I could finish all the orders. Then I had to do it again one week later for two days. Luckily, I'm still receiving a few orders again. But has anyone paused their gig frequently? Does it affect you in the long run? Of course, besides the fact that you are actually not able to receive orders those days.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

I'm not sure exactly, but I've heard from other sellers that after pausing their gig, it took a couple of days to recover in impressions etc. But, if you are still receiving orders then I wouldn't worry about it too much. That being said, if you are constantly receiving orders like this then I would increase your prices. Your services are obviously in demand and many people are more than willing to pay the current price. A higher price may result in slightly fewer orders, but an increase in revenue for yourself as well as making it easier to manage the orders. You could also increase the delivery time to give yourself a bit more time to complete orders, or utilise gig packages / extras for faster deliveries at an extra cost.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, alexandamedia said:

I'm not sure exactly, but I've heard from other sellers that after pausing their gig, it took a couple of days to recover in impressions etc. But, if you are still receiving orders then I wouldn't worry about it too much. That being said, if you are constantly receiving orders like this then I would increase your prices. Your services are obviously in demand and many people are more than willing to pay the current price. A higher price may result in slightly fewer orders, but an increase in revenue for yourself as well as making it easier to manage the orders. You could also increase the delivery time to give yourself a bit more time to complete orders, or utilise gig packages / extras for faster deliveries at an extra cost.

I hadn't thought about increasing the delivery time. I will do that and see how it goes 🙂
About increasing prices. I recently did it, about 3 months ago, but now that you mention it I really need to give it a thought. I might do it again in the next months.

Thank you so much for your advice!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hamidul45 said:
miiila. When you use the limit orders in queue functionality, once your limit is reached, Fiverr will pause your gig for you though, so in that case you´ll end with the same result. But up to then your gig stays visible

Hi!
I thought about it, but then I realised that the orders can be quite different. I might have 5 orders that I can finish in 2 hours, and I can have 1 order that can take me a few days to finish. So I still have to do it manually 😅

• Like 4

10 hours ago, isai92 said:

Hi!
I'm so happy to see that I'm receiving so many orders here in Fiverr, that it has become my main source of income. The thing is, combining the work from here and my other job, I have had so much to do, that I had to pause my gig for the first time ever. It was only for 3 days until I could finish all the orders. Then I had to do it again one week later for two days. Luckily, I'm still receiving a few orders again. But has anyone paused their gig frequently? Does it affect you in the long run? Of course, besides the fact that you are actually not able to receive orders those days.

It can take a few days to get back up after going out of office or pausing gigs, in my experience. I recommend increasing your delivery time and/or limiting the number of orders you can have in your queue instead, unless you're going away for more than a few days. If you just need to limit the amount of work in your queue, that can easily be done. See this article for further info. 

When you're at a point where you get more orders than you can handle, this is a clear indicator that the time is right to increase your prices! I find that increasing my rates by 10-15% every six months or so keeps the amount of work stable, while at the same time, increasing my revenue year-on-year. 

• Like 6

I used the limit orders in queue feature for a week until my orders in the queue decreased. After a few days, I even disabled the feature completely because I was no longer in the search results.  My gig has been active again for 3 days. I am now not on any pages in the search results. I have contacted support twice, and I'm not getting this resolved. I no longer get any impressions.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!
Update:
I've got a tip from another seller that has worked wonderfuly this week. It is plain simple: change your delivery time according to your current workload.

That means that I have to update my delivery time very frequently, but it has worked very well. It has not been necessary to pause my gig, it has helped me organize my time much muuuch better, and I don't feel so tense about finishing everything.

I hope this can help you too.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

New update: I don't know why I didn't think about this before, but now I have also tried just changing the order size per day. That is, in my area (voice overs), we can set the amount of words we can record per day. So I started adjusting this setting too. That way, if I have a huge order that will take me some days to finish, I can set my gig to receive small orders but with more days to deliver. That way, I don't lose some small jobs if I'm able to cope with them and the buyers are willing to wait for more than one day. Besides, I also keep the "1 day delivery" sign up front in a realistic way for me.

• Like 1