Gig improvment

chohanhamza

10 minutes ago, rixetbd said:

Hello my dear friends

Are you a new seller on Fiverr? Then this post is for you I hope this will help you a lot in the coming days
It helps to rank your gig in Fiverr

• 1. gig research
  • 2. Attractive titles
  • 3. Attractive gig image
  • 4. Keyword research
  • 5. Description and tags
  • 6. Keyword consistency
  • 7. Set the right price
  • 8. Always Deliver on time
  • 9. Staying online and active on forums
  • Constantly develop your skills
  • 10. create 7 gig 
  • 11. Send 10 buyer requests every day

Maintain these things carefully, I hope your gig rank on Fiverr.

Thank you 😊

Again, please stop spamming your comment across the forums....

9 hours ago, nnajimirade said:

Please is it a must to create all 7 gigs as a new seller on Fiverr? 

No. You should create as many Gigs as you need to offer your services effectively.

If you offer 7 different services, and need 7, then sure! But many people have the belief that you must create 7, which is incorrect.
I have three Gigs, and have always had three Gigs, it's works more than fine for me. Many Top Rated and even Pro sellers offer just one Gig, and earn $100,000's and have 10,000+ completed orders.

What is important is that quality is always going to be better than quantity.
There is no point in having 7 different Gigs if not a single one of them is presented properly and you haven't got the basics right. Or, if all 7 are for practically the same thing, or even drastically different niches that no one person could possibly have relevant skills across those fields. I also see sellers posting their gigs in wrong categories with the hopes that people will see them, which is again ineffective.

A great way to know that you should consider making a new gig is if buyers are showing interest in a service you don't yet offer. For example, you use photoshop and are a graphic designer, and you're getting messages asking if you perform background removal. This would be a great indicator that your buyers have a demand for this service and would buy it from you if you offered the gig. So if you're skilled in that area, create the gig!

2 hours ago, joshnadin said:

Many Top Rated and even Pro sellers offer just one Gig, and earn $100,000's and have 10,000+ completed orders.

If it's difficult to find just 3 TRS with 1 active gig and 10,000+ completed orders (or 10,000+ reviews since we don't see the number of completed orders) it's probably incorrect to say that there are many of them.

3 hours ago, uk1000 said:

If it's difficult to find just 3 TRS with 1 active gig and 10,000+ completed orders (or 10,000+ reviews since we don't see the number of completed orders) it's probably incorrect to say that there are many of them.

I easily found three in under 5 minutes. They do exist. I would link to their profiles or provide screenshots, but the rules of the forum state that I'm not permitted to link directly to other sellers gigs or profiles.

Okay, so using the word 'many' or getting a little overzealous with an extra zero may not be completely accurate.

But, that doesn't take away from the point I'm making, does it? Having all 7 gigs is just not necessary if you don't require them and adds no real benefit.

Even for the most successful sellers that do have a large amount of gigs, the vast majority of them have one or two that drastically outperform the others. Just like your gigs for example. One of your gigs is clearly far more popular having 110 reviews, while the other 6 combined have only 41. Your next best selling gig after the one that has 110 reviews is only 10% as popular. Furthermore, the description in your most popular gig lists the majority of other things you offer in separate gigs too. 

So back to the topic at hand, which I don't see what relevance your comment has anyway. Must you have 7 active gigs in order to be successful and compete on Fiverr? No. Well, at least your personal statistics and that of the majority of other sellers would prove otherwise.

7 hours ago, joshnadin said:

I easily found three in under 5 minutes. They do exist. I would link to their profiles or provide screenshots, but the rules of the forum state that I'm not permitted to link directly to other sellers gigs or profiles.

I'm not saying to link to them. I assume naming the sellers would be okay as it's not negatively calling them out. I don't think it's promoting them either.

Or you could just name the subcategory they're in and how many reviews they had. I saw 2: 1 in logo design and 1 in voice over, but that's not many. They're in the minority. Though I saw a couple more if you look just >=7000 reviews (it's possible that they have 10,000 orders but we can't say for sure).

But, that doesn't take away from the point I'm making, does it? Having all 7 gigs is just not necessary if you don't require them and adds no real benefit.

Yes it's true. You're right there. But having just 1 gig isn't necessarily the best for most users. On average, a seller with more than 1 gig will get more orders than a seller with just one (at least based on looking at the nr of reviews). I think for an unleveled seller, 7 gigs is on average the best in terms of orders/reviews (for some people it won't be but in general I think it will). As long as they're quality gigs. It probably depends on price too. I think voice over might be one of the best for just 1 gig - though most of the most successful VO gigs seem to have at least 2 active ones.

Even for the most successful sellers that do have a large amount of gigs, the vast majority of them have one or two that drastically outperform the others.

That's probably true. Most probably do have one or 2 that outperform the others a lot. But at the beginning (eg. level 0) you may not know which of those will outperform the others a lot. And it doesn't necessarily mean the ones that get less reviews are not worth having - they may be priced a lot more than than other gigs so have less reviews but it's possible that an order from one of their less reviewed (and maybe higher priced) gigs could be more profitable for them, so those other gigs may still be worth keeping.

Just like your gigs for example. One of your gigs is clearly far more popular...

Yes but it might have been better if that had been split or is split in some way. That way I could be more specific in the title, description, packages, pricing and delivery times. Having more would likely allow me analyse orders better and set those things better according to how much work was involved. It would be easier if Fiverr didn't limit the amount of gigs you create as much (eg. it counts drafts+others I think as well as active ones towards the limit, so when I was level 1 it wouldn't allow me to create a new one without deleting one).

So that's one advantage of more gigs - it allows you to be more specific in title, description, package descriptions, prices, delivery times etc. But there can be problems splitting it (eg. some buyers might want a lot of one thing doing and delivering in a particular way in a short time with huge file sizes and any imperfections easily seen, whereas others might need just a bit of that same function doing as part of a larger project - that can be a lot easier than the former).

Must you have 7 active gigs in order to be successful and compete on Fiverr? No. Well, at least your personal statistics and that of the majority of other sellers would prove otherwise.

But I think looking through Fiverr it shows that most of the most successful sellers (at least in terms of number reviews) normally have >1 active gig though.

But yes it's true that you don't have to have 7 active gigs. But for the average level 0 seller, 7 gigs should be better than 1 in terms of number of reviews I think. Though I like I said, it probably depends on price too.

But lets say at the start I created a gig for X and one for Y. I didn't know which one was going to be the most successful. Creating both allows me to see which is most successful. It's possible that doing some tasks in gig Y just aren't profitable and that splitting gig Y would have allowed me to realise that much quicker and set better prices for that.

But for some people (like some Voice over sellers) 1 gig is fine.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:02 AM, uk1000 said:

I'm not saying to link to them. I assume naming the sellers would be okay as it's not negatively calling them out. I don't think it's promoting them either.

It's likely fine, but I don't know how the sellers would feel about me using their statistics as a reference and naming them. Some people may not like it. If they were to be actively involved in the conversation, then sure.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:02 AM, uk1000 said:

They're in the minority. Though I saw a couple more if you look just >=7000 reviews (it's possible that they have 10,000 orders but we can't say for sure).

You're definitely correct to say they're in the minority. But, they do exist. If you look at the profile rather than the gig, you can also see how many total reviews they have as a seller rather than the gig just showing '1K+'.

--

I can agree with some of the rest of your points to some extent.

But my overall stance on creating 7 gigs in order to generate orders and be successful on the platform still stands. I'm not saying that it potentially doesn't offer you more exposure as a seller, especially if you don't yet know how those said gigs will perform as a new seller on the platform. I'm not saying you should have 1 gig either.

My original comment was more addressed to sellers that insist on dong this, without actually presenting any of their gigs properly. Just essentially creating gigs for the sake of it, offering 7 services that are offering the same thing, or wildly different, thus not giving them any credibility at all. There are many myths that circulate around the forum offering unsubstantiated advice. Just like the whole 'be active 24/7' thing that consistently floats around.
So, it is an absolute requirement to create a larger number of gigs? Definitely not.
If you operate in a niche and have the demand for as many services as your skillset and seller profile allows, then of course create as many or as few as you feel will be effective for you. But the advice I see on a regular basis that you just have to have 7 gigs as a new seller isn't beneficial. 

On 10/17/2021 at 8:29 PM, rixetbd said:

Hello my dear friends

Are you a new seller on Fiverr? Then this post is for you I hope this will help you a lot in the coming days
It helps to rank your gig in Fiverr

• 1. gig research
  • 2. Attractive titles
  • 3. Attractive gig image
  • 4. Keyword research
  • 5. Description and tags
  • 6. Keyword consistency
  • 7. Set the right price
  • 8. Always Deliver on time
  • 9. Staying online and active on forums
  • Constantly develop your skills
  • 10. create 7 gig 
  • 11. Send 10 buyer requests every day

Maintain these things carefully, I hope your gig rank on Fiverr.

Thank you 😊

Thank you! However, my buyers' request always returns 'no request found', is this normal?

1 hour ago, chohanhamza said:

is there any way to check either our keywords are working well or not

If you have seller plus (that costs about $29 a month) that's supposed to give advanced analytics with info on your keywords. See:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360020207238-Advanced-Analytics?segment=seller

It would be harder to find out without that. Maybe see how your impressions are affected after trying new keywords or after changing them in some way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ,

I am facing very low traffic since last two months and tried everything to improve my gig. My order completion rate is 96% and believe me most of the gigs were canceled because of some bad buyers, who bought gig and after that asked me to cancel that. Is it the reason for no traffic on my gigs. (here it is link to my gig https://www.fiverr.com/chohanhamza/develop-automated-shopify-aliexpress-dropshipping-store-asist-with-shopify-store

Thanks,🙂
chohan

Archived