Repeat business score is flawed

kholland65

I don't mind the idea of a repeat business score, but I think the entire way it's calculated is flawed. The 90 day window makes no sense because it rewards people for having their repeat clients condensed into a short period of time. It should be a lifetime score, not a rolling 90 days. There should not be a time element involved because it's irrelevant. It just doesn't make sense to me that a repeat client is basically meaningless statistically if they purchased from me more than 90 days ago. 

I could do 50% repeat business over the entire year, but if they are all spread out evenly, I won't have a high repeat business score. Another person can have a 25% repeat business, but have them all happen in 90 days, which means they would actually score higher than me. 

So again, I think this is something that ends being misleading to buyers because of how it's been implemented. A repeat business score doesn't mean you get a lot of repeat business on a consistent basis, it just means you have a couple of big months where a repeat buyer potentially had a large order. I'm in the music area (mixing and mastering), so for example, someone could easily get a high score here if a few repeat clients just happen to turn up at once looking for full albums to be mixed. That seller could otherwise have very little repeat business but still score high when something like this happens. 

It's just frustrating to me because I get steady repeat business and sit near 50% repeat business at any given time, yet I consistently have a score of 93 or 94 and cannot break 95. My earnings are fairly consistent and so it seems to be that unless I get a huge order and condense these repeat earnings into a short period of time, I'm not going to be able to raise this score. 

I completely agree with you. I always hang around 88. But I think that it would be more correct to set the time for repeated orders - 1 year. Otherwise, it turns out that a person who worked 3 years ago will have this mark, although he has not made a single order for the two previous years. And in this case, this parameter is depreciated and does not show the true picture.

Archived