🔥 What is the proper way to greet a buyer?

justalihaider

I am always curious to know how to impress my clients at the first meeting. The most important thing in this digital era is to be able to communicate well.  How do you respond to a new client's message? We can boost our sales by approaching in the right way.

Following attachment is a simple example how I response my client. Even though I can reply him with straight forward answer YES or NO. But I don't do that.

I hope you have all had a wonderful month of October

Screenshot_22.png

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

I don't like your response, overly apologetic for no good reason. Why would you apologise for sleeping? It makes you sound subservient, and like the client has the upper hand. Never do that. You don't need the client more than the client needs you.

With that said, to a message like that I would probably just tell the buyer I'm not interested. "I have one website now needs just change theme my website can you help me" - are you serious? This is not a professional first message. That client has a high likelihood of being a major pain the ass.  I'd just say "Thanks for your interest, but we'll have to pass on this one, best of luck".

If I really wanted it though, I would reply something like "Sure, please give me more details and I'll let you know what I can do for you".

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

Greetings in a professional way is more important and you can greet professionally without trying to make it personal but in a business manner(mostly). Think of how you want to be greeted if you were the buyer. With that you can at least find something helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1. Sup jive turkey! Slap me some skin and tell me whatcha need done? 😎

2. Greetings and salutations fellow hominid. Perchance, might you divulge upon the endeavor I may assist in facilitating its culmination? 🧐

3. Hello and thank you for your interest in my services! How may I assist you? 🙂

One of these replies miiiight be more generally appropriate than the others.  🤔

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, enunciator said:

2. Greetings and salutations fellow hominid. Perchance, might you divulge upon the endeavor I may assist in facilitating its culmination? 🧐

3. Hello and thank you for your interest in my services! How may I assist you? 🙂

definitely #1 or #2 😄
#3 is just soooo boring...who in their right mind would use that ?? 

Edited by fiveroptic1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Up 1

In all seriousness though, it's difficult sometimes to tell gender, age, country of origin etc when receiving an initial first message. - and the least thing you want to do is upset someone. So I keep it simple, play safe and just open by saying Hi(usename). I think you can set this up in quick responses.... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I don't like your response, overly apologetic for no good reason. Why would you apologise for sleeping? It makes you sound subservient, and like the client has the upper hand. Never do that. You don't need the client more than the client needs you.

With that said, to a message like that I would probably just tell the buyer I'm not interested. "I have one website now needs just change theme my website can you help me" - are you serious? This is not a professional first message. That client has a high likelihood of being a major pain the ass.  I'd just say "Thanks for your interest, but we'll have to pass on this one, best of luck".

If I really wanted it though, I would reply something like "Sure, please give me more details and I'll let you know what I can do for you".

Thank you so much for your helpful guideline. I'll try to avoid my mistakes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hamidul45 said:

Greetings in a professional way is more important and you can greet professionally without trying to make it personal but in a business manner(mostly). Think of how you want to be greeted if you were the buyer. With that you can at least find something helpful.

Thanks a lot for your guidelines. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, enunciator said:

Thanks for sharing your experience with this community?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, fiveroptic1 said:

In all seriousness though, it's difficult sometimes to tell gender, age, country of origin etc when receiving an initial first message. - and the least thing you want to do is upset someone. So I keep it simple, play safe and just open by saying Hi(usename). I think you can set this up in quick responses.... 

Thanks a lot. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, enunciator said:

Lol...Hilarious but helpful.

• Like 3