Gig video: What are the best dimensions to use?

gajuseidi

Question

Hi guys,

I'm slowly brewing a video for my main gig and I was wondering, what are the best dimensions for a fiverr gig video? I also bought a budget condenser microphone just for this purpose which I'm very excited to try out 😊 maybe you have some general tips or suggestions for a good gig video?

8 answers to this question

Aside from what's here? https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-Your-Gig

Don't just record once, run through your script at least four times. If you make more than one recording, you can pick the one that works best, or even piece the best parts together. Deliberately talk slower than you would in a casual conversation, and ENUNCIATE.

If you are just recording audio, do at least three tests while positioned different distances from your microphone. Before you even begin recording, take a moment and just listen. What do you hear? The computer or refrigerator's hum, the A/C's clinking, the ventilation rumbling, the neighbors being overly loud? Try to time your recording while the A/C is off, in a different room than the fridge, and the neighbors away. If you can't find a time of day to make this work, try 

If you are recording video, LOOK BEHIND YOU. Did you leave the hall or closet door open? Is your room cluttered? Is a window that can mess with your lighting directly behind you?

While this is Fiverr, and you don't need to be studio-grade (unless that's the service you offer), there are several thing you can do to make a simple recording WAY better.

For the gig video I don't think there's any benefit to uploading any higher than 1280x720. That might be best (1280x720, 1:78:1) - any higher at that aspect ratio will get down-converted to 1280x720 I think (though there will be some cropping on the thumbnail, so don't put text too close to the edge). I'm not sure if the thumbnail is closer to normal gig images at around 1.619:1. I wouldn't do vertical format as the thumbnail will probably look very bad/stretched/cropped.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:23 AM, imagination7413 said:

Don't just record once, run through your script at least four times. If you make more than one recording, you can pick the one that works best, or even piece the best parts together. Deliberately talk slower than you would in a casual conversation, and ENUNCIATE.

Thank you for great tips! Right now, even when not recording, I'm practicing my script over and over again together with the background music I'm planning to use 😄 Always trying to spot places in the structure of the script that could be improved on.

On 10/17/2021 at 1:23 AM, imagination7413 said:

If you are recording video, LOOK BEHIND YOU. Did you leave the hall or closet door open? Is your room cluttered? Is a window that can mess with your lighting directly behind you?

For now I'm planning to record the audio script and my computer screen to show the work process in the video. But If I decide to show my face one day, I'll definitely have that in mind! Thank you

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

For the gig video I don't think there's any benefit to uploading any higher than 1280x720. That might be best (1280x720, 1:78:1) - any higher at that aspect ratio will get down-converted to 1280x720 I think

Hmm, that's interesting. Fiverr does stress that the video should be of high quality, I'm wondering if 2560 x 1440 would work

7 hours ago, gajuseidi said:

Hmm, that's interesting. Fiverr does stress that the video should be of high quality, I'm wondering if 2560 x 1440 would work

It would likely upload it but I assume it would get converted by Fiverr to 1280x720 just like I think 1920x1080 does.

Archived