Can i ask the buyer for tips while the order is running?

akash651

Question

8 answers to this question

That is a kind of extortion.

Tips are given by the buyers only by their own will and if they feel that you have done extra hard work on their project.

I have seen a seller getting about 30$ tip over and above the basic price of 150$.

What i have learnt that they put extra efforts into their work.

If you get a buyer who is already upset with the previous seller, you have a good chance.

Like, you can tell them, there are mistakes in the existing design (no design is perfect) that you are going to correct.

(Don't mention "For Free" to them, it is assumed you are going to do these little bit corrections for no extra money).

If you got my point, you can not only get 5 star review but also have a better chance of receiving a decent amount of tip.

(Sharing my experience of being on fiverr for 2 years and dealing with the clients for 4 months)

I have observed that some designers don't take the spelling aspect seriously.

If you get a buyer with a pre-designed graphics for some alterations, you must check if there are some spelling errors, even if the buyer won't tell you to do so.

That will be a win win situation for both of you, if some errors are already present there.

Again a chance to ensure 5 star review and may be you get some decent amount of tip at the end.

10 hours ago, akash651 said:

can i ask the buyer for tips

That's the same as begging.

And a great way to show that you're unbelievably unprofessional.

No buyer in their right mind would ever buy from you again if you asked for a tip. You could also get a terrible review.

Instead of begging for spare change, charge what your service is worth.

10 hours ago, akash651 said:

Will Fiverr support it?

No. And you could get an account warning for unprofessional behavior, too.

On 10/15/2021 at 6:06 AM, nicesolution said:

have observed that some designers don't take the spelling aspect seriously.

If you get a buyer with a pre-designed graphics for some alterations, you must check if there are some spelling errors, even if the buyer won't tell you to do so.

That will be a win win situation for both of you, if some errors are already present there.

🤔 What on Earth are you talking about? How is your comment related to the original post?

On 10/15/2021 at 1:07 AM, akash651 said:

can i ask the buyer for tips while order is running

Can you explain your reasoning for this? I am genuinely curious. 

20 hours ago, gina_riley2 said:

🤔 What on 🌏 are you talking about? How is your comment related to the original post?

Can you explain your reasoning for this? I am genuinely curious.

The original post was about asking a buyer for some tips.

Mostly, the reply would be "NO".

What i did was provided some tips for "How to ensure you get a decent tip from a buyer".

Just trying to share my experience from 3 years of observation and 3 months of client dealings.

If the forum does not allow this, i will avoid such things in future.

41 minutes ago, nicesolution said:

If the forum does not allow this, i will avoid such things in future.

The forum does allow this, but it's always best to answer the original question first, before you add additional information.

40 minutes ago, nicesolution said:

Mostly, the reply would be "NO". What i did was provided some tips for "How to ensure you get a decent tip from a buyer".

People are not mind-readers. This line would have made the intent of your first post clearer.

That said: 

On 8/11/2020 at 3:34 PM, jonbaas said:

To be honest, sellers should not be here, on Fiverr, to earn tips. Sellers are here to provide their services as a solution to the needs of their target customers. You’re here to help people, and earn an income doing so. If buyers voluntarily choose to provide a tip, thank them for their kindness. But you’re not here to earn tips – tips are an unexpected bonus – tips are not the goal of freelancing.

Source: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/215970-tips-for-getting-tips/?do=findComment&comment=1268748

Archived