to Review or Not to Review?

gina_riley2

Question

A 5r discussion for buyers:

When I first started buying on 5r, I was a prolific reviewer. I wanted to brag about the great work each seller did for me. As time went by, I started reviewing less and less. I'm at a point that I've stopped leaving reviews.

1. I'm kinda running out of things to say, as I've reviewed my regulars many times.

2. I'm kinda private about the gigs I order and do NOT want prying eyes checking to see what I buy and from whom. I wish the 3 that's there can be deleted somehow.

* Yes, I am aware anyone can Google me but it takes some work and not every review I've done is displayed.

4. If I happened to tip, several of my sellers write a "thank you for the tip" on the review. 🥴🥴

* I don't mind it so much on their profile but I don't want it on mine. It's got to do with privacy.

5. Even though most reviews are cr@p! I still peek at it. Sellers can fake few reviews but it would be costly to have 100 fakes.

* Before I get a lot of flack for this one, any experienced seller will tell you majority of their reviews are like, "good or good job" with 5 stars. That doesn't tell the buyer anything. A wordy review of what the seller did that made them a 5 are gold.

So, my point of discussion or question is have you, as a buyer:

A) Stopped reviewing

B) Slowed down your reviews

C) Still review vigorously

2nd question:

6) Does it bother you that the reviews are displayed on your profile?

7) How important are the reviews on a sellers profile?

A) All reviews are very important to me as a buyer.

B) Only the well written reviews count because it tells me what the seller did.

C) I don't read reviews and it doesn't matter to me.

3 answers to this question

I am both a Buyer and Seller.

I ALWAYS leave a review as a Buyer.

I usually leave a generic note and positive rating unless the work was very poor.

In those cases, I just rate lower and still leave a positive note with a bit more detail.

I don't want to harm anyone's stats or chances of getting work just because I may be a bit more picky than most.

(I also know how that feels, as much as I say I don't care about ratings, it still stings to get a bad one).

Besides, I NEVER re-hire anyone I've hired, so the least I can do is give them a positive review.

3 minutes ago, looseink said:

Besides, I NEVER re-hire anyone I've hired, so the least I can do is give them a positive review.

Is that because you have always been disappointed?  I would think that you would welcome finding a reliable "go to" person with whom you develop a trust level and short-hand in workflow.   My favorite buyers are the ones that I've had for years, who just throw in an order, attach a script, with no instructions, no fanfare.  Then take the delivery, as if I were actually a team member of theirs.  Just curious. 

3 minutes ago, newsmike said:

Is that because you have always been disappointed?  I would think that you would welcome finding a reliable "go to" person

Some buyers told me (and I asked a few of them out of curiosity (sometimes I review buyers' profiles when I have time)) that they want to "give other sellers a chance". So, no matter how good the work is, some of the buyers tend to search for new people/sellers to work with. It's probably the same case as OP.

Archived