cancelling order tip

maira_ash

Never give customer a chance to give you bad reviews and less stars just keep in mind if you are not able to complete an order just request a buyer to cancel it mutually instead of any bad reputation and impact on your profile.

Stay blessed have a sweet and great journey🥰

• Like 14
  • Confused 3
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, maira_ash said:

Never give customer a chance to give you bad reviews and less stars just keep in mind if you are not able to complete an order just request a buyer to cancel it mutually instead of any bad reputation and impact on your profile.

That's bizarre advice. 🤨

The better thing to do would be to actually ensure that you are a great fit for what the buyer wants in the first place. Communication is key. Ask them in detail about their needs and the end result they want. Provide relevant examples of prior work to ensure they understand what they will be getting. Choosing who you with with as a seller is just as important as a buyer choosing a Gig. What are the buyers reviews like? Can they communicate effectively? Are they polite and courteous when messaging? If you get a number of red flags that they won't be pleasant to work with, aren't going to be happy with your delivery, or are expecting something that's not included within your skillset, don't take on the order.

Now, I know that some buyers will just place an order without messaging, and there's little you can do about that. But, the vast majority will message you prior to placing the order, especially if it's their first time working with you.

Just saying that 'you should mutually cancel orders instead of getting bad reviews' is not productive or the correct mindset to have, or one that you should be encouraging other people to have either. Plus, cancellations do have an impact on your profile. Sure, you might not have a bad review. But if Fiverr can see that you're regularly not able to meet deliveries, you're not generating any revenue for them and you're not providing a good experience for their customers. In turn, they will simply stop promoting your Gig as much and prioritise other sellers that are generating them revenue and getting positive public and internal feedback instead.

Edited by joshnadin
  • Like 7
  • Up 5

I have to disagree with the OP.

I say take that 1 bad review and wear it like a badge of honor. Be firm but professional in your response to that bad review. Explain exactly what happened and that you won't be intimated or pushed around.

I, as a buyer, will have great respect for you as a seller. 🙂

• Like 8

20 hours ago, maira_ash said:

So, your position is to dishonestly sanitize your reviews, which will cause others to order from you, thinking that you are competent, when the opposite is true? 

• Like 6

On 10/12/2021 at 9:56 PM, maira_ash said:

I had the same POV until the mutual cancellation punched me really hard in the face. All my gigs drastically dereanked, I was used to seeing a lot of legit buyer requests more often and steadily as opposed to now when I only see spammy requests and sellers asking for ''samples'' so as to copy your work, not to mention that the cancellation drained up all my psyche and demoralized me, and the effect on my order cancellation stat.  After sometime, I visited the client´s profile and the reviews directed me to the seller who ''redid'' the work after the client cancelled with me. Since the work showed on his portifolio I was shocked to see that the seller seldomly changed a thing.

Did I work for free? Maybe. Will I work for free again? Hell not. I went down so easy and I will not let this happen again; at least not after putting a good fight - professionally of course.

The aftermath of this cancellation is a nightmare am now dealing with now after several months of taking ''a break''

I rather take a 1-star review than cancel. I will use the critisism to deal with other similar situations in the future and use it for improvements.

Edited by muriithikelvin
  • Like 5

On 10/13/2021 at 12:56 AM, maira_ash said:

As a human being you can not satisfy all with your works. So bad reviews/ratings are also a part of this freelancing career. Don't be afraid of it.

Try to give your best for every project that's all.

• Like 4

Yes, bad reviews are a part of the job.  You can always explain a bad review, turning it around in the mind of a potential buyer. Cancellations hurt your stats and will make your rank decrease on all of your gigs, not just the one that received the cancellation. I had multiple cancellations in a month, which dropped my completion rate to 90%. After that, it continued to drop and I lost my level and my gigs practically disappeared from search. Sometimes cancellations are necessary, and in that instance, are unavoidable. But you should never cancel just because you think the buyer will leave you a bad review.

• Like 3