Custom offer not directly related to gigs I have

sukhveer432

Question

Hi,

I just joined this forum for the first time. Actually, I have a doubt and wishing that my seniors will help me.

I have got a customer who is requesting me with something not directly related to my any gigs. When I tried to create a custom offer, there are only those gigs that I made pop up to choose as the topic. What I exactly need to do? If I choose any random topic, will there be any issues? It will be kind of you all, if you can guide me step by step as its my first time with this situation.  Thank you in advance. 

8 answers to this question

@lloydsolutions Thanks a ton will look into it.

@agenciawem Appreciate your guidance. I think making new gig is a better option. There is only one point relevant to the original gig of mine compared to his request. 

@krheate If possible, can you please guide me to make the gig that is just used for custom offer or is there any link that can help me understand about it.

This is my first order and I am nervous. On top of that, the order is not much relevant to my any gig. 😥😰

3 minutes ago, sukhveer432 said:

the order is not much relevant to my any gig

Can you do the work? Don't try to take on the request if you can't do the work. Also, BE SURE TO WRITE OUT EXACLTY what the custom offer does and does NOT include. Yes, this will take a bit of time on your part, but communication and clarity are CRITICAL for custom offers, to make sure both parties understand exactly what job is being done.

@imagination7413 Oh.... that sounds scary but this info of yours did really bring me to be more conscious. I didn't know that we need to provide details regarding "what does not include" in custom offer. I need to think carefully before sending the custom offer. I consider myself blessed today that I chose to share my doubts here before accepting the order. You saved my life. You guys are awesome helper. Thanks a million.😊

It's more of a safety precaution. I've seen far too many Sellers make this mistake. If you don't specify, that creates a loophole.

There's a saying:

Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.

So if this is a honest buyer, then you spelling out your service should make a difference to them (though, it a good idea to also ask if the contract sounds reasonable to them, of if they'd like to ask about any of the points in it), and the bad buyers who complain are probably not the kind of buyers you would want to deal with anyway.

Archived