Too many outdated Buyer requests

greyscript

Hi, ever since i got to level 1 3 months ago I've had this issue of outdated Buyer requests.

I've tried deleting, but they just come back whenever a new BR comes in.

I wasn't worried as I've talked to CS about this for 2 months now. I just thought of a situation where jobs that normally would be taken down after buyer gets a seller or minutes later i still happen to bid for them wasting my BR points.

Eg. Buyer requests from months ago are still available, that's not an issue as i can spot them easily with their date. but how about requests from today or yesterday that i cant tell except i see them having less than 10 offers.

Anyone else experiencing something like this and have you found a solution yet?

Screenshot_20211011-173058~2.png

• Like 2

I'm confused. I see a shared image showing three buyer requests from October 11, 2021. Today is October 11, 2021, and only a handful of sellers have responded to them (or the buyer has deleted all offers but those). How are those featured buyer requests -- from today -- "outdated"?

• Like 1
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, jonbaas said:

I'm confused. I see a shared image showing three buyer requests from October 11, 2021. Today is October 11, 2021, and only a handful of sellers have responded to them (or the buyer has deleted all offers but those). How are those featured buyer requests -- from today -- "outdated"?

I meant to show just the number of active buyer requests I'll update with a full page and also buyer requests from days ago

You don't need to see "the number of active buyer requests", and you don't need a "full page" of buyer requests to respond to. The buyer request section was not designed to be your only -- or even primary -- source of orders. If you want more orders, either go market to find them (wherever your target customers are located), or learn how to improve your seller metrics so that you can compete more effectively in the Fiverr catalog.

You are a freelancer. Professional freelancing is a business. It's time to start treating it as such.

• Like 2

On 10/11/2021 at 5:47 PM, greyscript said:

Buyer requests from months ago are still available

Normally it only goes back about 30 days for level 1 sellers. If you occasionally see one older it might have been re-submitted.

It's intentional. They'll get removed automatically from the list after about 30 days or if the buyer removes the request. They don't automatically get removed once a buyer selects a seller. Maybe that's intentional as a buyer might want to order from more than one seller in the list, eg. if there was a problem with the order for the first seller.

The ones at the top of the list are the most recent ones so you they're the ones least likely to have selected a seller. You can also check the number of offers sent which you already are.

Edited by uk1000

7 hours ago, uk1000 said:

Normally it only goes back about 30 days for level 1 sellers. If you occasionally see one older it might have been re-submitted.

It's intentional. They'll get removed automatically from the list after about 30 days or if the buyer removes the request. They don't automatically get removed once a buyer selects a seller. Maybe that's intentional as a buyer might want to order from more than one seller in the list, eg. if there was a problem with the order for the first seller.

The ones at the top of the list are the most recent ones so you they're the ones least likely to have selected a seller. You can also check the number of offers sent which you already are.

Thanks, i went back to check and it's just as you said. Those those over 30 days old are no longer available.

• Like 1