Jump to content

Offering unlimited revisions, is this a psychological marketing strategy?


webm_alif
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I'm a new seller on Fiverr. After researching many top-rated and level two seller's Gig's on the web design category I found that many of them offering unlimited revisions to the buyers, what's the reason behind this? Is this a marketing strategy or attract buyers to buy from his/her Gig? on the other hand many people's totally against of this, they actually think offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills, is that guess right?

1. I think there are some advantages and disadvantages of offering Unlimited revisions.

2. offering unlimited revisions opens the door for buyers to disturb the  seller even after deliver the work properly.

3. offering unlimited revisions attract a buyer because after that offer they have the chance to change some of the designs if needed without any extra charge. But some of the buyers misuse of that offer.

These are my personal opinion. please share your opinion.

Best Regards.

  • Like 7
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't go as far to say that offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills. But, I don't think offering unlimited revisions is helpful at all. If you really want to show the buyer that you are happy to make changes, then why not just offer up to 10 revisions? Or 5? 

I guess it also depends on what you define a revision as. Is it any change whatsoever throughout the entire process or is it just any changes after the delivery? For myself, I always make changes with the buyer throughout the entire process and get to a point where they are happy. Then I deliver the final project. Then if they want any changes after that, I count that as a revision. That is why I rarely even use any revisions, occasionally I have to do 1 revision and maybe once or twice I have done 2 revisions.

Any advantages in having unlimited revisions are not worth it compared to the risk and extra hassle in my opinion.

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills. But, I don't think offering unlimited revisions is helpful at all. If you really want to show the buyer that you are happy to make changes, then why not just offer up to 10 revisions? Or 5? 

I guess it also depends on what you define a revision as. Is it any change whatsoever throughout the entire process or is it just any changes after the delivery? For myself, I always make changes with the buyer throughout the entire process and get to a point where they are happy. Then I deliver the final project. Then if they want any changes after that, I count that as a revision. That is why I rarely even use any revisions, occasionally I have to do 1 revision and maybe once or twice I have done 2 revisions.

Any advantages in having unlimited revisions are not worth it compared to the risk and extra hassle in my opinion.

 

Thank you alex for sharing your valuable opinion. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webm_alif said:

Hi everyone, I'm a new seller on Fiverr. After researching many top-rated and level two seller's Gig's on the web design category I found that many of them offering unlimited revisions to the buyers, what's the reason behind this? Is this a marketing strategy or attract buyers to buy from his/her Gig? on the other hand many people's totally against of this, they actually think offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills, is that guess right?

1. I think there are some advantages and disadvantages of offering Unlimited revisions.

2. offering unlimited revisions opens the door for buyers to disturb the  seller even after deliver the work properly.

3. offering unlimited revisions attract a buyer because after that offer they have the chance to change some of the designs if needed without any extra charge. But some of the buyers misuse of that offer.

These are my personal opinion. please share your opinion.

Best Regards.

It is one of the core point which you have mentioned.Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills. But, I don't think offering unlimited revisions is helpful at all.

I've been here since 2014. I had thousands upon thousands of orders, and I still offer unlimited revisions. Honestly the most revisions people requested in my case were 3. I for one I still leave unlimited revisions because it shows the customer he has protection. But the reality is that if you're good at what you do, you will revise one time and that's it. Maybe a few times if the buyer is difficult to work with.

  • Like 3
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I've been here since 2014. I had thousands upon thousands of orders, and I still offer unlimited revisions. Honestly the most revisions people requested in my case were 3. I for one I still leave unlimited revisions because it shows the customer he has protection. But the reality is that if you're good at what you do, you will revise one time and that's it. Maybe a few times if the buyer is difficult to work with.

Interesting! I think my pricing and reluctance from working with difficult buyers has definitely helped me avoid issues, but I have seen a few posts, especially in my category, where buyers abuse unlimited revisions. I can see how buyers might see unlimited revisions as extra protection but I guess I try and get this across in my gig description and initial messages with buyers instead.

I don't think I will ever add unlimited revisions for myself but if it works for you then fair play!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, alexandamedia said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills. But, I don't think offering unlimited revisions is helpful at all. If you really want to show the buyer that you are happy to make changes, then why not just offer up to 10 revisions? Or 5? 

I guess it also depends on what you define a revision as. Is it any change whatsoever throughout the entire process or is it just any changes after the delivery? For myself, I always make changes with the buyer throughout the entire process and get to a point where they are happy. Then I deliver the final project. Then if they want any changes after that, I count that as a revision. That is why I rarely even use any revisions, occasionally I have to do 1 revision and maybe once or twice I have done 2 revisions.

Any advantages in having unlimited revisions are not worth it compared to the risk and extra hassle in my opinion.

 

Thanks a lot 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alexandamedia said:

but I have seen a few posts, especially in my category, where buyers abuse unlimited revisions.

I can definitely relate. I had my fair share of "bad apples", but most people won't abuse unlimited revisions. I could easily switch to 3 revisions or 2 and I am sure there wouldn't be a massive difference in sales. Reviews matter more than unlimited revisions. But then again, even I have many reviews from abusive buyers where I had to "eat" a bad review just to get paid for the work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, alexandamedia said:

I wouldn't go as far to say that offering unlimited revisions means the seller has no skills. But, I don't think offering unlimited revisions is helpful at all. If you really want to show the buyer that you are happy to make changes, then why not just offer up to 10 revisions? Or 5? 

I guess it also depends on what you define a revision as. Is it any change whatsoever throughout the entire process or is it just any changes after the delivery? For myself, I always make changes with the buyer throughout the entire process and get to a point where they are happy. Then I deliver the final project. Then if they want any changes after that, I count that as a revision. That is why I rarely even use any revisions, occasionally I have to do 1 revision and maybe once or twice I have done 2 revisions.

Any advantages in having unlimited revisions are not worth it compared to the risk and extra hassle in my opinion.

 

Thank you alexandamedia. For sharing your tips.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...