level two seller but not getting regular orders

ahmediqbal65

Hey Ahmed,

I've just had a look through your Gig, and it's decent. But, there are things that could be improved upon. :classic_happy:

Firstly, your English is okay. But not that of a professional article writer which you claim to be. This is also reflected in a few of your reviews. Your spelling is good, but sentences don't flow naturally and do not sound like those that a native English speaker would use. I know it's difficult to learn another language to that standard, however if you want to compete in the demographics and markets that you offer your services to, as a writer your English needs to be spot on.

I also find your Gig pictures a little confusing as they don't clearly show what you offer and aren't very inviting. Remember, before a buyer even clicks on your Gig, the only thing you have in your arsenal to persuade them to check it out and read your description, and then potentially make a purchase, is your Gig video, images and title. Make them clear, appealing and easily understandable.

Also, your pricing doesn't reflect what a professional article writer would charge. I too am a writer, and for the number of words you're offering I charge in excess of ten times as much. With minimal offence intended, you either need to be more honest that you're not a professional writer and perhaps just have some experience and are growing as a writer, or show your potential buyers a price point alongside evidence that backs up you are in fact a professional in the sense that you're an expert in your field. Also, charging too little can impact the number of orders you receive. Statistics show that most buyers don't want to purchase a $5 package as they believe that the price point will reflect the quality of work, and 99% of the time it does. Raising my prices was one of the best things I ever did. Don't be scared that you won't get any orders, if you're offering a good service that you can validate the price point for, in most cases it will have the opposite effect and encourage more sales. Plus, the kind of buyer you attract will be much, much better to partner with and the general experience will be much nicer.

Offering unlimited revisions is a major red flag, and most buyers know this. It also puts you at a huge disadvantage as buyers can fully take advantage of the fact they can ask for as many as they like. My revision policy is that you get one for small revisions and just want a few things altering. Of course, if I got something wrong then I will rectify it until its correct. However, if the buyer did not tell me to do something in the requirements, did not communicate effectively enough, just wants it changing for the sake of it, or it basically isn't due to a fault of mine, they pay for it.

In general, I would also say that your Gig description could be formatted a little better. It's a bit all over the place offering 14 different points and it just doesn't grab me and make me think 'yeah, this guy is going to deliver what I want'.

All in all though, it's not bad. You're a Level Two seller with a 4.9 rating and 99 rated orders, so you're clearly not getting it all wrong. My personal advice would be to get your English 100% on point, and then get to work on displaying a portfolio of your work that backs up the fact you claim to be a professional, whist hiking up those prices and attracting a different target market.

You're offering “SEO content writing”. This is the description of your gig:

Hiring a professional article writing service to improve your SEO is one of the best business decisions you’re going to make if you take your search engine rankings seriously.

Are you looking for killer SEO articles writing services for your business?

I will provide killer SEO articles writing, blog post and website content writing services for your blog OR website.

What you're doing here is called "Keyword Stuffing". 

Keyword stuffing is a search engine optimization technique, considered webspam or spamdexing, in which keywords are loaded into a web page's meta tags, visible content, or backlink anchor text in an attempt to gain an unfair rank advantage in search engines.

It is one of the worst techniques to kill the SEO of your page/blog post/website. Is spam. So, if I'm a client looking for a professional SEO writer, I read your description and I leave.

Also, the price is just too low. Again, If I'm a client looking for a top-rated seller, and I see you sell 500 words for $5USD, I won't feel like hiring a real professional.

22 hours ago, joshnadin said:

Hey Ahmed,

I've just had a look through your Gig, and it's decent. But, there are things that could be improved upon. :classic_happy:

Firstly, your English is okay. But not that of a professional article writer which you claim to be. This is also reflected in a few of your reviews. Your spelling is good, but sentences don't flow naturally and do not sound like those that a native English speaker would use. I know it's difficult to learn another language to that standard, however if you want to compete in the demographics and markets that you offer your services to, as a writer your English needs to be spot on.

I also find your Gig pictures a little confusing as they don't clearly show what you offer and aren't very inviting. Remember, before a buyer even clicks on your Gig, the only thing you have in your arsenal to persuade them to check it out and read your description, and then potentially make a purchase, is your Gig video, images and title. Make them clear, appealing and easily understandable.

Also, your pricing doesn't reflect what a professional article writer would charge. I too am a writer, and for the number of words you're offering I charge in excess of ten times as much. With minimal offence intended, you either need to be more honest that you're not a professional writer and perhaps just have some experience and are growing as a writer, or show your potential buyers a price point alongside evidence that backs up you are in fact a professional in the sense that you're an expert in your field. Also, charging too little can impact the number of orders you receive. Statistics show that most buyers don't want to purchase a $5 package as they believe that the price point will reflect the quality of work, and 99% of the time it does. Raising my prices was one of the best things I ever did. Don't be scared that you won't get any orders, if you're offering a good service that you can validate the price point for, in most cases it will have the opposite effect and encourage more sales. Plus, the kind of buyer you attract will be much, much better to partner with and the general experience will be much nicer.

Offering unlimited revisions is a major red flag, and most buyers know this. It also puts you at a huge disadvantage as buyers can fully take advantage of the fact they can ask for as many as they like. My revision policy is that you get one for small revisions and just want a few things altering. Of course, if I got something wrong then I will rectify it until its correct. However, if the buyer did not tell me to do something in the requirements, did not communicate effectively enough, just wants it changing for the sake of it, or it basically isn't due to a fault of mine, they pay for it.

In general, I would also say that your Gig description could be formatted a little better. It's a bit all over the place offering 14 different points and it just doesn't grab me and make me think 'yeah, this guy is going to deliver what I want'.

All in all though, it's not bad. You're a Level Two seller with a 4.9 rating and 99 rated orders, so you're clearly not getting it all wrong. My personal advice would be to get your English 100% on point, and then get to work on displaying a portfolio of your work that backs up the fact you claim to be a professional, whist hiking up those prices and attracting a different target market.

hi i am very thankful for your advices. these are really helpful for me. thanks alot

16 hours ago, jayjayros said:

You're offering “SEO content writing”. This is the description of your gig:

What you're doing here is called "Keyword Stuffing". 

It is one of the worst techniques to kill the SEO of your page/blog post/website. Is spam. So, if I'm a client looking for a professional SEO writer, I read your description and I leave.

Also, the price is just too low. Again, If I'm a client looking for a top-rated seller, and I see you sell 500 words for $5USD, I won't feel like hiring a real professional.

thanks for your advice. really helpful

Archived