Client asks to make a test project

babbersher

Question

6 answers to this question

Totally agree with everyone here!

Whenever I want to test a new seller for a big project (or any seller that I've never worked with) I order the smallest gig as a test or ask them to do a sample for $10 or $20.

An experienced seller would appreciate that. It would be much better than taking an expensive and long project just to find out you two are not a good fit.

Time and money saved for both party. Send them a small custom offer. If they say no, then it's not the type of person you'd want to work with.

Good luck. 🙂💕

1 hour ago, alexandamedia said:

You can do tests or sample works but please don't do it for free. Like @imagination7413said, charge accordingly! I find that most buyers who are asking for samples don't actually want to pay for your service at all. They just want a small amount of work for free. Send a custom offer for an appropriate amount for a sample/test.

I did it for free and client rejected my work saying it wasn't good enough, even though I copied the sample 95%. I was sad at what my Indian client did. I will not do it for free again. Thanks for the views!!

53 minutes ago, gina_riley2 said:

Totally agree with everyone here!

Whenever I want to test a new seller for a big project (or any seller that I've never worked with) I order the smallest gig as a test or ask them to do a sample for $10 or $20.

An experienced seller would appreciate that. It would be much better than taking an expensive and long project just to find out you two are not a good fit.

Time and money saved for both party. Send them a small custom offer. If they say no, then it's not the type of person you'd want to work with.

Good luck. 🙂💕

Rightly said, will keep it in mind. Thanks !!

Archived