Buyer reported me because I did not change my gig, he said that my gig is misleading

barakahgroup

Question

Buyer said he will report me if I do not change my gig. Then he said I will keep on reporting you, remove the gig or I will make sure fiverr does it. My gig was of 50$ and I asked for 150$ since I said it will take me more time than usual because he wanted me to see two full documentaries and base the book on that. I said I can do that for 50$ if I were too not see documentaries but documentaries will take time so I will charge 150$. 

He said you are fooling others and Lying on fiverr, I reported you and I will keep on reporting untill your gig  is removed.

What to do? Please suggest the solutions. Will fiverr terminate my account?

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, barakahgroup said:

What to do? Please suggest the solutions. Will fiverr terminate my account?

Well you have to be clear on your gig what are your limits for $50. I assume he wants your $50 premium package of the e-book gig?  So he wants you to watch the 2 full documentaries so you can write your 20,000 words? What does he want a summary or does that not seem too short for an e-book? 

It is deceptive. No where in your gig does it mention that additional research might cost more if the topic is not on your list. Your gig description (mentioning what $100 will buy) also doesn't match your packages ($5, $25, and $50). 

54 minutes ago, barakahgroup said:

he wanted me to see two full documentaries and base the book on that

Unless the documentaries are hour-long multi-episodes series, OR about a topic you're uncomfortable with, just watching some TV with a notebook open does not make sense to be charging an additional $100. Yes, your time is valuable, but that price tag makes me think you're just outsourcing the work.

5 hours ago, barakahgroup said:

He said you are fooling others and Lying on fiverr, I reported you and I will keep on reporting untill your gig  is removed.

Even adding an extra with $x for x sort of research would be able to make it clear to people - and they would either purchase or not. 

That being said when someone sees a gig like yours - and let me please be a tad crass here - they think 'ooh it's dirt cheap. Best price ever!' so... To see such a big price jump must be... At least a little annoying. It's misleading because your gig is confusing to start with (whether I'd believe someone can give me me original content for that price is another thing although I do realize that these ebooks can be cheaper... Still.)

Since you quoted such a different price I personally would consider it a bait and switch - wouldn't be surprised if Fiverr did at least warn you for it (but I don't know if they will so...)

If you want to charge extra for watching the documentaries like has been suggested you could add an extra but I'd also add a line in the gig description and maybe an FAQ about it. Plus you could charge less for watching them. eg. you could say it will be $x per hour of that in the FAQ or somewhere, or at least there could be a comment in the description that there can be extra charges depending on research requirements and to contact for a custom offer or something.

Archived