Buyer reported me because I did not change my gig, he said that my gig is misleading

barakahgroup

Question

Buyer said he will report me if I do not change my gig. Then he said I will keep on reporting you, remove the gig or I will make sure fiverr does it. My gig was of 50$ and I asked for 150$ since I said it will take me more time than usual because he wanted me to see two full documentaries and base the book on that. I said I can do that for 50$ if I were too not see documentaries but documentaries will take time so I will charge 150$. 

He said you are fooling others and Lying on fiverr, I reported you and I will keep on reporting untill your gig  is removed.

What to do? Please suggest the solutions. Will fiverr terminate my account?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 answers to this question

It is deceptive. No where in your gig does it mention that additional research might cost more if the topic is not on your list. Your gig description (mentioning what $100 will buy) also doesn't match your packages ($5, $25, and $50). 

54 minutes ago, barakahgroup said:

he wanted me to see two full documentaries and base the book on that

Unless the documentaries are hour-long multi-episodes series, OR about a topic you're uncomfortable with, just watching some TV with a notebook open does not make sense to be charging an additional $100. Yes, your time is valuable, but that price tag makes me think you're just outsourcing the work.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, barakahgroup said:

What to do? Please suggest the solutions. Will fiverr terminate my account?

Well you have to be clear on your gig what are your limits for $50. I assume he wants your $50 premium package of the e-book gig?  So he wants you to watch the 2 full documentaries so you can write your 20,000 words? What does he want a summary or does that not seem too short for an e-book? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barakahgroup said:

He said you are fooling others and Lying on fiverr, I reported you and I will keep on reporting untill your gig  is removed.

Even adding an extra with $x for x sort of research would be able to make it clear to people - and they would either purchase or not. 

That being said when someone sees a gig like yours - and let me please be a tad crass here - they think 'ooh it's dirt cheap. Best price ever!' so... To see such a big price jump must be... At least a little annoying. It's misleading because your gig is confusing to start with (whether I'd believe someone can give me me original content for that price is another thing although I do realize that these ebooks can be cheaper... Still.)

Since you quoted such a different price I personally would consider it a bait and switch - wouldn't be surprised if Fiverr did at least warn you for it (but I don't know if they will so...)

If you want to charge extra for watching the documentaries like has been suggested you could add an extra but I'd also add a line in the gig description and maybe an FAQ about it. Plus you could charge less for watching them. eg. you could say it will be $x per hour of that in the FAQ or somewhere, or at least there could be a comment in the description that there can be extra charges depending on research requirements and to contact for a custom offer or something.

Edited by uk1000