Finding a REAL EXPERT among new sellers

gina_riley2

New sellers do get a chance. New sellers do get orders; just check the forum, and you'll see them announcing that they got their first, second... fifth order.

It might take time, though, especially if you're offering services that tens of thousands of others offer, and if your profile and gig descriptions look pretty much like profile and gig descriptions of countless others.

• Like 32
  • Up 7

8 hours ago, mdfarvez01 said:

I think new sellers need to be given a chance.

5 hours ago, catwriter said:

New sellers do get a chance.

Here's proof ⬇️ of what @catwriter just said. 😊

I was just reading through one of the many promotional emails that I got from Fiverr this morning (sent to their buyers):

image.thumb.png.20b8e070e17c10326fc341c92e92803f.png

In the list of gigs that Fiverr was showing me....

• 5 gigs were from new sellers - some with less than 8 reviews and one even listing themself as a "PRPFESSIONAL" design studio.
  • 1 gig was from a Level 1 seller.
  • 1 gig was from a Level 2 seller.
  • And 1 gig was from a Top-Rated/Pro seller

This tells me that new sellers are getting promoted, sometimes over leveled sellers, and even if their gigs aren't perfect.

None of the new sellers were rising talents, which shows that this is another way for new sellers to get exposure. This is awesome because new sellers are not only getting recommended, they are getting sent directly to buyers' emails. So buyers will see them.

• Like 33
  • Congrats! 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 1:52 PM, vickieito said:

5 gigs were from new sellers - some with less than 8 reviews and one even listing themself as a "PRPFESSIONAL" design studio.

Hmm, that's not a good look. I've seen this happen quite a bit, actually. Some TRS blatantly lying about top clients, portfolio, with bad gig images/videos/copy... It diminishes the badge.

• Like 25
  • Sad 2

Just wanted to add that actually contacting the seller before the purchase and asking a few questions may help you understand if the person who wrote that gig and account description texts is the one who will be doing the work.

Also I would like to dispute a little the "I would do the best work" part haha, as I was writing my gig text just a week ago and I'm pretty sure I included something like this 🙂 I totally agree with the unlimited revisions part, but both - the unlimited revisions and the "best work" are so common among other accounts that when you are a newbie, you are afraid you won't win in that "fight" for the place under the sun without loud expressions like that.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Most of Buyers think that the New Sellers are not experienced than the top rated sellers but this is not reality. I think Buyer afraid to waste their time but most of the time there's nothing happen like that. Some Seller are just like me who are getting online after many years of experience in Local / Physical Market. So, You Should try them because they're offering better or best quality content in minimum time at Low prices compare to top sellers. So Don't Be Afraid every seller has a different type style to do there work but it doesn't mean they're not professional.

Hope you got my point,

Thanks! 

Edited by zohaib4854
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zohaib4854 said:

most of the time there's nothing happen like that

I mean, there is nothing wrong with accepting the reality that every 7 out of 10 new sellers are either inexperienced or people who lie on their profiles. Yes, there are indeed many experienced and legitimate people sittings as a New Seller — (everyone starts from there). But it's hard for a buyer to find those legitimate people.

Everyone (including scammer sellers) has nearly a 5-star review, so there's nothing that can be differentiated other than having a chat with them and checking themselves. But again, why would anyone who has a good budget and can afford a Top Rated seller spend their precious time filtering a category that is flooded with inexperienced people?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rawque_gulia said:

Everyone (including scammer sellers) has nearly a 5-star review, so there's nothing that can be differentiated other than having a chat with them and checking themselves. 

How is it possible that scam seller accounts have only 5 stars? Did a scammed customer provide a 5-star rating? What would be the point of doing that?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, marinanp86 said:

How is it possible that scam seller accounts have only 5 stars?

Scamming buyers, as in providing them with AI-generated work without even informing them that AI was used in the project --- or offering already existing resources from the internet, even those without proper licenses or permissions. Buyers might not be aware initially that they're receiving duplicated or AI-generated work until they encounter any issues later on. So, they may leave a 5-star rating unknowingly.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, zohaib4854 said:

Most of Buyers think that the New Sellers are not experienced than the top rated sellers but this is not reality. I think Buyer afraid to waste their time but most of the time there's nothing happen like that. Some Seller are just like me who are getting online after many years of experience in Local / Physical Market. So, You Should try them because they're offering better or best quality content in minimum time at Low prices compare to top sellers. So Don't Be Afraid every seller has a different type style to do there work but it doesn't mean they're not professional.

Hope you got my point,

Thanks! 

That is a quite meaningful point you make.I think,some new seller struggle a lot at the beginning.

• Confused 1