What is "subtitling" service under translation category??

ismailghalif

Translation sub-category gigs can add "document formatting", "subtitling" and "transcription". I know what "transcription" is, but I am having a hard time understand the difference between "subtitling" and "document formatting". Can someone help me understand the difference of the services, if a customer asks me to translate a video to another language with timestamps? Would it come under document formatting or subtitling?

• Like 5

Subtitling is the process of adding text to any audio-visual media to express the message that is being spoken. Essentially, subtitles are a written abridgement of the spoken audio. They allow people to read and understand what is being said, even if they don’t understand the language of the speakers. And without subtitles it would not be possible to grasp the subtleties contained in verbal communications.

Subtitles can basically be added to anything that includes moving pictures, but are most commonly used on film and television, promotional and corporate videos and increasingly becoming more popular on YouTube and internet videos

• Like 2