REMINDER - NO HATE SPEECH

mjensen415

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, alimuzahid said:

can I get any example ?

No.

The first post was quite clear. If you don't understand what 'hate speech' is based on that, Google it, or ask someone in-person who you trust. This is not a topic to be taken lightly. (I also highly doubt that you haven't come across it before.)

https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/objectionable-content 

• Like 93
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 9:26 AM, fiveroptic1 said:

My view is that the reminder is a preemptive strike against members who may, however unwittingly, inadvertently overstep the mark. Personally, as far as I can see from my limited time on the forum, no one has done that. In fact, it would seem that in the main, most forum contributors are pretty sensitive to these issues and have shown restraint, especially given the barrage of rubbish that exasperates us all on a daily basis. 
However, there is no doubt though that the spam on this forum is being propagated on an industrial scale, from a certain location - quite what the powers that be want to do about that - or not, remains to be seen.   

You should have seen Fiverr in the good old days, it used to be wild, lots of Free Speech, lots of questionable gigs. Those days are gone. 

• Like 62
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

I think hate speech are bitter and solid. If you are honest and someone make you feel guilty that time can you express hat speech or not? I am really confused and blur in case of such troublesome situation.. What can you do?

• Like 29
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Hate speech is not ok in any case, no matter what is the situation. 

Especially I would assume that if you feel guilty then someone pointed out your mistakes and that’s not the reason to get mad and make a hate speech back, that’s a call to change a mistake rather than getting mad. 

• Like 35
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my experience, hate-speech happens when everything else has failed. 

On platforms where spam and fraud are prevalent, it becomes the next step. Part of the reason is that lax moderation creates a sense of anything-goes. Combine this with frustration (from the spam) and you get hate-speech.

It becomes extra hard to enforce as people are used to see others get away with anything.

So if you are serious about getting rid of hate-speech, you need to start a clean-up of all the other stuff.

• Like 20
  • Congrats! 2
  • Thanks 1