REMINDER - NO HATE SPEECH

mjensen415

44 minutes ago, mandyzines said:

Was the change in the social climate here abrupt?

There was always some degree of spam and replies with no value. However, with this new Fiverr Forum it seems that many users are gamifying the Forum and double posting, making 'thanks' comments when there are emojis for that and giving bad advice. On the former Forum this behavior was soon dealt with by the Sheperds of the Forum, but not now if I report a post it takes 12 to 18 hours to be removed. Plus, if you say the M word in a post your post will get held up for hours again.

• Like 118
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mandyzines said:

Was the change in the social climate here abrupt?

It seems to be mutating.  This happened on the old forum as well. At first things were pretty free wheeling, but the "Shepherds of the forum" started removing posts and banning users very aggressively. They handed out permanent bans and even 1,000 year bans, like the people on the home owner's association who live to send nasty letters because your grass is 1/8th inch too long. Eventually, they banned almost everyone who made the forum interesting. Seems we're heading that way again.  

• Like 105
  • Sad 5
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 4

On 10/5/2021 at 7:27 AM, catwriter said:

Plus there was making fun of (I'm going to be diplomatic here, just in case, but you all know what I mean) not so good English of some users, and that can be easily reported as discrimination.

Making fun of typos is now discrimination. But only if the feelings of sensitive people get hurt.

If this is the way we're headed, where the forum rules are going to be dictated by over-sensitive users to soften the blow for talentless individuals, I'm actually gonna stop using it. I consider myself a nice person, but also, an honest person, even when that sometimes means I'll hurt some feelings.

I'm not rude, and I truly try to help anyone I feel is worthy of my attention. I've even pointed out that I dislike the practice of constantly pointing out where people come from, and openly been against suggestions to have separate forums for people from different regions, simply because I despice racism. 

What matters to me is talent. Some people have it. Some people don't. I expect a professional forum environment to reflect this, and if it doesn't, my interest in using said forum will dwindle. 

If the spam and pointless postings here weren't enough, we are now treated to rules about "hate speech" with no clear definition, and we're expected to guess where to draw the line ourselves. If we fail, we're treated to a ban.

Meanwhile, thousands of members are posting bad advice, openly discussing how to scam the platform or its buyers, posting about their 3rd order and how they now have "fans" or thanking God for their five-star review. 

Did someone tip the bucket of grey water during the "forum cleanup"? 

I'm gonna leave this great piece about being "offended". 

• Like 97
  • Confused 3
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, smashradio said:

Making fun of typos is now discrimination.

Everything is now discrimination as long as someone chooses to be offended. In fact it is the most popular way to win an argument once you have run out of facts.  

• Like 96
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 3

I gotta say this post is becoming just like the other ones.

"Thank you." (What exactly are you thankful for?)

"Thank you for your kind information." (I don't think I saw any "kind" information in the OP's message)

"Thank you for your useful information." (The OP posted a reminder, it's a bit different from being useful)

I've seen numerous posts from people who are getting frustrated by the current spammy condition of the forum which did often lead to posts that some might see as "discriminating," so the OP posts the message to hopefully remind us about certain things, and yet again it's getting all spammy.
I wonder how many more comments this post is gonna get in the next 24 hours.😅

• Like 88
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, drasnia said:

It was my original post that triggered this whole thread about hate speech...

Sorry to take the crown from your head, but it was not.

22 hours ago, drasnia said:

He has now taken it upon himself to delete all posts that he does not like or call out his behaviour its a complete joke of a forum in all honesty

Speaking of honesty, I also have not deleted any of your posts. Would you like to edit your post to be more accurate ?

If you feel like the forum is a "joke," I'd love to hear some honest, productive feedback about how you use the forum and what you think would be the most beneficial to ALL members of the community as a whole. 

• Like 86
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

@drasnia
Showing off warnings for your violations of the rules, then posting those sentiments again publicly seems like an odd way to go about it. I have NOW hidden your reply. If you would like to discuss this offline, I'm happy to.

As mentioned in both your warnings, if this behavior continues, you will be removed from the forum.

Please be inclusive, positive and encouraging. I've seen some of your past posts and I know you have the ability to be so. 

• Like 86
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, rishad142 said:

if I wrote a post with information of any group of fake buyers or scammers, then will it go against the rules

Several other users tried to warn you the topic about fake buyers would be taken down because you mentioned a specific country. But since you did not take those warnings to heart the post was removed. How would you like it if a user on the Fiverr Forum said your country had fake buyers?

• Like 113
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, rishad142 said:

If I wrote a post with information of any group of fake buyers or scammers, then will it go against the rules?

If you mention anyone by their username, that's a violation of the forum rules.

If that group is all placed in the same country/region, and your post makes the entire country/region (and all the people living in it) look bad, yes, it's definitely against the rules. Plus it's incorrect, because there are good people and bad people in every country, and that means that both good and bad buyers can live in any country.

And on top of that, as @vickiespencermentioned, how would you feel if someone said that your country is full of scammers?

• Like 104
  • Up 10
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, raufsaimon said:

when I point out certain things and sound harsh/strict, it seems like that is seen as hate speech...

"Hate Speech" is misused as a label for anything that someone does not want to hear. It is the cancel culture battle cry. 

• Like 95
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, raufsaimon said:

Hey, I feel like the definition for "hate speech" is kinda-sorta getting blurry and unclear.
Maybe it's just me, but when I point out certain things and sound harsh/strict, it seems like that is seen as hate speech...

even though what I am doing is, again, pointing out facts. I've seen some posts being deleted, and while I do understand why some of them were deleted,
I believe there were a good number of them that made me go "What in the heck was the problem with that post?"

I guess we'll continue seeing spams no matter what, but the amount is quite insane.

These words aren't yours, they're @zeus777's!!! 😡 

DO NOT STEAL OTHER PEOPLE'S CONTENT!!! 😡

• Like 98
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 15
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, raufsaimon said:

Hey, I feel like the definition for "hate speech" is kinda-sorta getting blurry and unclear.
Maybe it's just me, but when I point out certain things and sound harsh/strict, it seems like that is seen as hate speech...

even though what I am doing is, again, pointing out facts. I've seen some posts being deleted, and while I do understand why some of them were deleted,
I believe there were a good number of them that made me go "What in the heck was the problem with that post?"

I guess we'll continue seeing spams no matter what, but the amount is quite insane.

Ugh, excuse me???
You completely copy/paste what I typed, slap on a "Hey," at the very start, and then post it as your own opinion? Shame on you.

Thank you @maitasun for noticing and pointing it out right away!
How in the heck do you teach a grown-@$$ adult that stealing is wrong?
But I guess in his mind he's just thinking he "borrowed" it.
Seriously...

Edited by zeus777
  • Like 94
  • Haha 2
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 8
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, zeus777 said:

Ugh, excuse me???
You completely copy/paste what I typed, slap on a "Hey," at the very start, and then post it as your own opinion? Shame on you.

Thank you @maitasun for noticing and pointing it out right away!
How in the heck do you teach a grown-@$$ adult that stealing is wrong?
But I guess in his mind he's just thinking he "borrowed" it.
Seriously...

For what it's worth, they thanked for taking the time out to read and wished a good day too 😄

• Like 85
  • Haha 17
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate people who use hate speech.  Does that make me a hater? OMG I used hate speech, hating haters.  This is all such nonsense.  

1. You have the right to say anything you want.

2. You may get punched in the nose for it.

3. Be kind. 

• Like 103
  • Haha 21
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 7