Should I say 'I' or 'we' when messaging a client?

iconceptual

12 minutes ago, iconceptual said:

Should I say 'I' or 'we' when messaging a client? What is the best way to introduce ourselves?

I visit your profile and got you already reputed and well performed "Level 2" seller. Go ahead !!

For your query- I prefer "We" for Old buyer and "I" for New Buyer. Also, follow up for expert answer as well.

Edited by janjalcore
  • Like 17

1 minute ago, janjalcore said:

I prefer "We" for Old buyer and "I" for New Buyer.

I am curious as to your basis for this answer. Do you suddenly become a team when its an old buyer and an individual when its a new buyer?

11 minutes ago, iconceptual said:

Should I say 'I' or 'we' when messaging a client?

I think if you are working as an individual, use I? And if you are a team of creatives, an agency, etc then use we. 

• Like 13
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

Do you suddenly become a team when its an old buyer and an individual when its a new buyer?

I didn't mean in that way. Suppose, I worked with a people several times. In that case, I suggest use "WE".

I fell that when a buyer heard that he's also the reason for successful project completion. Buyer will motivated and tell himself that I successfully did everything right with this seller.      

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, janjalcore said:

I didn't mean in that way. Suppose, I worked with a people several times. In that case, I suggest use "WE".

I fell that when a buyer heard that he's also the reason for successful project completion. Buyer will motivated and tell himself that I successfully did everything right with this seller.      

Okay I understand your point, yes it is nice to let the buyer feel you are working together.

3 hours ago, iconceptual said:

What is the best way to introduce ourselves?

Although I would like to point out OP's question was about "introducing" themselves.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Okay I understand your point, yes it is nice to let the buyer feel you are working together.

Although I would like to point out OP's question was about "introducing" themselves.

Appreciate your understanding. So for the introducing, It should be "I" and agreed with you. 

• Like 8