Partial Refund

Partial Refund  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion about partial Refund??

• Yes, It is too much necessary for both client and Freelancer
    • No, It will not be useful.

2 hours ago, theratypist said:

I think it will complicate the arrangement Fiverr has for payments and gigs right now. I am fine with how it is now. But interested to hear other user's perspectives on this. 

Do you ever received tips from buyer??
Does it make complicated to manage fiverr?
Thanks for your opinion  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mdshahjalal820 said:

Do you ever received tips from buyer??
Does it make complicated to manage fiverr?
Thanks for your opinion  

Yes I receive tips from buyer. It does not complicate managing Fiverr.

I just meant how do we justify how much a refund is (in complicated orders) especially custom offers?

Example, $1000 gig for making a website. How will we do a "partial refund".. A refund of $400 because the seller did not include the about me page, etc. So there must be a breakdown clearly written on your profile how much each part of your gig costs. 

Of course it may be easier for lets say article writing. A refund of $50 because only 300 words were written. Or perhaps extras because there is a clear distinction of how much the extra costs. 

As I mentioned earlier, I am fine with how it is now. But interested in hearing other people's perspectives.

• Like 6
  • Up 2

Fiverr might actually like this idea since they want to make money wherever possible.. so instead of a 100% cancellation, they might actually like the idea of say a 50% cancellation.. but ya... like @theratypist mentioned, the exact portion that has to be refunded would be difficult to sort out.. it'd depend on mutual understanding of both the buyer and the seller.. nonetheless, sounds good to me... I mean if I am a buyer who doesn't have ill will, I might actually want a seller to keep a portion of the gig amount for the time and efforts they put in... so ya.. thumbs up from me.. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, surajkartha said:

so instead of a 100% cancellation, they might actually like the idea of say a 50% cancellation

Good point! I am for partial refunds and people deserve to get paid for what they have done as described. To add on my explanation earlier, I am okay with the way it is now wherein you just cancel the order and let the buyer purchase again. It doesn't sound too intuitive so it does sound like its worth considering the partial refund method. Its just there are so many technicalities in play I wonder how Fiverr will sort that out.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...