How to queue effectively?

typemistress

How do I manage my orders coming in so they 'queue' properly - i.e. the countdown for the order doesn't start until the previous order is delivered? At busy periods, I can only really do one order at a time. So I limit my queue to 0 and have to reject a lot of customers in private messages. Sometimes they are willing to wait, and then I have to awkwardly tell each of them when approximately I will have delivered the previous order, but if they don't get in there first as soon as my Gig becomes open again, then I have to increase the queue to 1, and ask them to order again, and with conversations happening across time zones the cycle continues, and I'm stuck with multiple orders simultaneously. Even with 'direct link active' an order manages to sneak through sometimes, and then I don't want to cancel them, because that hurts my completion rate, and feels a bit rude.

Or, I totally pause the Gig and then the current customer can't request extras etc., and I feel my listing must be hurt with the constant pausing and unpausing, but maybe I don't mind too much about that. 

I also don't want to extend my standard 3 day delivery time, (and 1 day Extra fast) because it wouldn't be an accurate advert for when I have 0 orders in the queue. 

How do other sellers manage this problem? Is there a feature or a workaround?

What you're already doing is the only way to do it really. Fiverr operates as a 'you need it, you buy it now' kind of platform.

Extending delivery time makes the most sense to me. You can still deliver within three days and impress your buyers with fast delivery. It would also negate the slow-down that comes after turning availability off.

I set myself as unavailable (out of office) when things get too hectic. It takes 3-4 days for business to pick up again from new buyers.

2 minutes ago, melanielm said:

What you're already doing is the only way to do it really. Fiverr operates as a 'you need it, you buy it now' kind of platform.

Extending delivery time makes the most sense to me. You can still deliver within three days and impress your buyers with fast delivery. It would also negate the slow-down that comes after turning availability off.

I set myself as unavailable (out of office) when things get too hectic. It takes 3-4 days for business to pick up again from new buyers.

Thank you. Maybe that's the only way. I'm worried I'll get no orders at all if the delivery time is 4 or 5 days! I'll have to test it and find out. Thanks for your estimation of it picking up again after becoming unavailable - I think that sounds right for pausing too.