Favorite Healthy Food?

kai990

Recently I’ve been looking for more healthy food to eat, particularly meals with vegetables in them or maybe meals that are just nutritious in general. I really just want to see what kind of healthy foods you eat…maybe it will help me decide what to eat in the future, haha. I also love hearing about food eaten all around the world, so that’s good to know as well. Comment below (if you want, of course)! 😁

• Like 48
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay, I'll start 😄

I wouldn't particularly say I eat healthy, BUT it depends on your definition of - we have lots of veggies in our garden so when I'm bored I'll make an omelette with a side salad (tomatoes and either some olive oil or Japanese mayo, trust me it works!), onions and the like. I also make lots of stir-fries with minimal oil and as many veggies as the wok will take 😄 Roasting all the veggies together (I usually do onions, sweet potatoes, garlic, eggplant if we have any, zuccini, peppers and so on) and adding it to a salad base is great, too!

When I'm abroad, I also like to make a small cheese-platter (toast, butter, honey, various cheeses, fruit) or hummus with veggies (not a fan of raw veggies but love hummus, so...)

(as for non-healthy options... tons of meat prepared the Hungarian ways (roasted or in a stew, goulash and so on...) 

• Like 41
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

Onions, tofu, avocado. Chicken breast as well.
I love salads, I love to eat tons of veggies....however, I do love my unhealthy food too.
Ramen, deep fried food, chocolate, alcohol, you name it!!!!

I try to eat both healthy and unhealthy food to balance things out.

"TRY" is the keyword here. 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

On 9/29/2021 at 3:33 AM, katakatica said:

Okay, I'll start 😄

I wouldn't particularly say I eat healthy, BUT it depends on your definition of - we have lots of veggies in our garden so when I'm bored I'll make an omelette with a side salad (tomatoes and either some olive oil or Japanese mayo, trust me it works!), onions and the like. I also make lots of stir-fries with minimal oil and as many veggies as the wok will take 😄 Roasting all the veggies together (I usually do onions, sweet potatoes, garlic, eggplant if we have any, zuccini, peppers and so on) and adding it to a salad base is great, too!

When I'm abroad, I also like to make a small cheese-platter (toast, butter, honey, various cheeses, fruit) or hummus with veggies (not a fan of raw veggies but love hummus, so...)

(as for non-healthy options... tons of meat prepared the Hungarian ways (roasted or in a stew, goulash and so on...) 

Wooow, all the food ideas you listed above sound really good! 😋

• Like 27
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 5:39 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

There is no such thing as favourite healthy food. 
All healthy food for me is pure suffering 🙈 

Deliveroo addict here 🙋‍♀️

Haha, yeah there are certain unhealthy foods that I just cannot avoid! 🤣

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2021 at 7:01 AM, coerdelion said:

Healthy food in my home is pretty much anything home made from scratch, using all fresh ingredients, preferably organic.  That way everyone knows what's in it.

Yep, that definitely sounds really healthy to me. Especially since the meals are done from scratch - I bet they taste super duper good as well!

• Like 24
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

• 7 months later...

Half of your daily diet should consist of vegetables, fruits and herbs. Don't get addicted to potatoes, as they have a high glycemic index, which raises blood sugar levels. Vegetables and greens should prevail over fruits, and fruits are seasonal - the fewer fruits are stored, the more nutrients are preserved.

• Like 27
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jessiefrancofas said:

Don't get addicted to potatoes, as they have a high glycemic index

Oof, I think I'm addicted to them, rip me. 😅

2 minutes ago, jessiefrancofas said:

egetables and greens should prevail over fruits, and fruits are seasonal - the fewer fruits are stored, the more nutrients are preserved.

Trying to keep that in mind, thanks! 👌

• Like 25
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/24/2022 at 12:20 AM, jessiefrancofas said:

Half of your daily diet should consist of vegetables, fruits and herbs. Don't get addicted to potatoes, as they have a high glycemic index, which raises blood sugar levels. Vegetables and greens should prevail over fruits, and fruits are seasonal - the fewer fruits are stored, the more nutrients are preserved.

Sometimes you can allow yourself to eat something sweet; after all, we are human beings. I order a pizza once a week and eat the whole thing with pleasure. But I always try to check the food so that I don't have to sit in the hospital unnecessarily. I bought myself a set of tests at home .Now my meals are safe; I can quickly identify low-quality products.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

I barely eat healthy food 😄 I don't like veggies much and want to have chicken in every dish. But I love to eat fruits so I skip my meal sometimes and have fruits of all kinds that are available in that season (favorite dish to eat though 😄

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

On 10/2/2021 at 4:46 AM, zahedulrubel said:

It will help to increase everyone protein level

Even people who need to be on a low protein diet for kidney problems, etc?  I thought we were done with the amateur doctors after COVID. 

• Like 22
  • Congrats! 2
  • Up 1

• 9 months later...