How to add thumbnail of My Gig Video

ariyan_shihab

Question

Hello Everyone.

I hope You are well. My name is Ariyan Shihab.

And I’m a new member of this amazing community. Whenever I ask a question on this platform I get a lot of valid answers.

Well, now I have a list of some questions. I hope I will get some valid and responsible answers .

Here is the list of questions.

1. (Gig Rotation ) is it true ? Or just a myth?

2. I can’t find any edit options when I upload a video for Gig to set a Thumbnail. And that’s why I used to publish my gig first and then edit my entire Gig to set the video thumbnail. Here is the  screen record of my problem 

Loom Video link

1. Can you please give any solution about this problem

2. How many times should I wait to check my gig performance ( number in days ) usually if our gig doesn't perform well,  basically we do  two things 

( a )  Edit the Gig

( b )  Delete the gig and recreate it.

Now Please give me a time frame on how many days I should wait to check my gig performance before deleting it.

1. Any article or video do you want to suggest to improve my communication skill with my buyers?

2. Any tips for creating gig video?

If you don't want to answer all of them you can answer a single one. But please Give me some solution

Thank You Very much

Have a good day

• Like 12

5 answers to this question

51 minutes ago, ariyan_shihab said:

1. (Gig Rotation ) is it true ? Or just a myth?

> “Gig positions are not permanent and can rotate daily.”

This can be found here, https://fiverr.com/support/articles/360011028318-Managing-your-Gigs in the second paragraph.

51 minutes ago, ariyan_shihab said:

2. I can’t find any edit options when I upload a video for Gig to set a Thumbnail.

You need to save it first. As far as I'm aware: the video must be approved first, before you can set the thumbnail, which means that green button "Save and Continue" at the end of the page. Your video doesn't show you progressing in the process.

54 minutes ago, ariyan_shihab said:

3. Can you please give any solution about this problem

Um... I'm going to assume this is a continuation of number two.

55 minutes ago, ariyan_shihab said:

4. How many times should I wait to check my gig performance ( number in days )
[...]
Please give me a time frame on how many days I should wait to check my gig performance before deleting it.

There is no firm answer to this, as it depends entirely on supply and demand. I honestly would suggest using a comparative timeframe of weeks, though. Not days. (It helps smooth out the averages.) Fiverr might provide daily numbers, but they also work in timeframes of months (statistics average 60 days which equals two months, levels happen once a month, and I'm sure there's another one I'm not thinking of at the moment).

1 hour ago, ariyan_shihab said:

5. Any article or video do you want to suggest to improve my communication skill with my buyers?

Specifically on communication? Hmm...

I know of many on communication, but most all of them are about in-person, face-to-face, or vocal, and not text-based. Some of the points translate alright, but not great. Honestly, the best way to become good at communication is to practice communication in a customer-service setting. This is usually easiest at a job that forces the interaction and provides the training.

If I had to make only one or two points, though, I'd emphasize 'serve' as most important and 'saying no' as the second. And for that, I can link this: https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/222069-stand-your-ground-setting-boundaries-as-a-seller/

Basically, being clear about what you will not do is just as (and sometimes more) important as saying what you will do.

1 hour ago, ariyan_shihab said:

Any tips for creating gig video?

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010451657-Adding-a-Video-to-Your-Gig

• Like 10

On 9/27/2021 at 2:07 AM, ariyan_shihab said:

I can’t find any edit options when I upload a video for Gig to set a Thumbnail. And that’s why I used to publish my gig first and then edit my entire Gig to set the video thumbnail. Here is the  screen record of my problem 

I would like to answer this query as I have recently faced the issue and found the solution (really easy and always there). 

Step 1- First need to upload the video and save it. Wait for the video to get approved by fiverr.

Step 2- Go to edit gig again and Gallery -> the video that you have uploaded and you will get the option to edit.

1659314729_Step2.png.1dc1cbea25ec7fafa585f4926e4b99d0.png

Step 3- Play the video, pause it in the exact Frame that you want to set as Thumbnail, and at last click on "Set as Preview" and its done.

last.png.20d368b4d126126a3c297338f5e88e24.png

🙂

Thanks !

• Like 10
  • Up 1

I'm creating a new gig & already uploaded a video alongside 3 images, however, my video was in under review for more than 3 hours. I deleted & re-uploaded the video. The reason still i haven't saved & published the gig is because i want to choose my video thumbnail before this gig goes live. My question is, will i be able to edit thumbnail in this process? Or i have to save & publish, and have to wait until approval, once it gets approved, only then i'll be able to edit the thumbnail? If second one is the case, then i think i should stop waiting at 'gallery' section & save the gig to proceed further. 

Untitled.jpg

• Like 6

I would like to answer this query as I've lately faced the issue and set up the result( really easy and always there).

Step 1-First need to upload the videotape and save it. stay for the videotape to get approved by Fiverr.

Step 2- Go to edit gig again and Gallery-> the videotape that you have uploaded and you'll get the option to edit.

• Like 2