Sent file by inbox and after no response

valcomusic

Hi ! I'm new on Fiverr and someone was interest to my work so I begin to start something for him, I sent him few exemple to know if he likes and finally didn't reponse me for days. So I'm afraid he just took my work I sent him by inbox so I just want to if I'm protect and securised from Fiverr.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, valcomusic said:

Hi ! I'm new on Fiverr and someone was interest to my work so I begin to start something for him, I sent him few exemple to know if he likes and finally didn't reponse me for days. So I'm afraid he just took my work I sent him by inbox so I just want to if I'm protect and securised from Fiverr.

You should never do any work for a buyer before they place an order. You are not protected in any way if you send a buyer your work without an order. 

Besides, why would you work for a buyer who hasn't paid yet? 

He might very well have taken your work, or maybe he didn't like it and found another seller. 

You can't expect a buyer to honor an agreement that does not exist: that's what orders are for. 

You should always require an order before doing any work. 

Beyond that; if the buyer has taken your work without paying for it and is using it, they might be violating copyright laws. If you know who the buyer is/what website and so on they are operating, you could check if they are using it, and if they are, you can initiate legal steps to stop them, like DMCA notices or court proceedings and so on. 

Also - whenever you deliver any type of sample, make sure it's watermarked. But if your buyer wants any custom work done, you require an order. That's how Fiverr works. 

P.S. Do not try to contact the person again. If they simply aren't interested in what you have to offer, they might view it as spam, and report you. 

Best of luck! 

• Like 4