Low pricing to get good ratings?

zobro23

Question

Hi,

I'm a new seller in Fiverr, and I just created my profile yesterday. I am currently doing three Gigs: "Backend development with simple UI", "NPM Package", and "Google Sites custom website". I looked up those categories in Fiverr and also looked at the pricing of most sellers. Most sellers settle for around $25-$125 for their basic plan, with the exception of Pro sellers of course. I have currently priced my gigs at $100, $75, and $50 respectively. I am sure that I can do a great job, and maybe even become a top seller one day, but I'm not sure about how I can get there. I searched up my own gig in incognito and I can't find it. If I reduce my price to $5, my gig will show up when someone uses the "Sort according to price" filter, so should I do that? Or should I just wait and buyers will hopefully come to me? Thanks for your help!

1 answer to this question

23 minutes ago, zobro23 said:

If I reduce my price to $5, my gig will show up when someone uses the "Sort according to price" filter, so should I do that?

I don't think buyers use this filter very often especially for the line of services you do. I'm not sure if that will help with searchability. But having a tad bit cheaper and competitive prices against competition could help. There is always that segment of buyers who do price shopping.

I'm a new seller in Fiverr, and I just created my profile yesterday.

You just created your profile yesterday. I would give it 3 days or more before checking if your gigs appear on search. The system takes time to index new gigs.

Or should I just wait and buyers will hopefully come to me? Thanks for your help!

Its tough to get seen while you're a new seller but not impossible. To help build a solid profile, it would help to start getting some reviews and ratings from buyers. You should try using the "Buyer Requests" section to try to make offers to new requests and effective marketing. Then from there you would likely have a few good reviews and that would boost your profile. As buyers who see your profile naturally from search, would be more likely to contact or purchase from you directly.

Archived