Hurt a sellers response time by setting yourself unavailable after sending a message!?

ebturner

I had someone send me a message on Fiverr asking for work, but then marked their account as "unavailable".   Turns out that blocks the seller from replying back to the person!   

Then the response timer keeps going and going and you have no options to do anything!  I contacted Fiverr support, but with Covid their support response time is usually a few days if not longer.

Anyone else have a solution here, or experiencing this same issue?   I'm not sure if this was intentional, but it really has the potential for abuse where a few junk accounts could be used to bring a sellers response/rating down real quick.  I'm 18 hours in now and cannot reply back to the person....meanwhile they keep sending messages asking me why I'm not replying.  😞

(personal information is blanked as required by Fiverr)

2021-09-23_232726.jpg

2021-09-23_232514.jpg

• Like 1

Try refreshing the page while you are in this screen

13 minutes ago, ebturner said:

2021-09-23_232726.jpg

I experienced something like that and the unavailable message takes a few seconds before it can appear. So before those few seconds are over you can leave a message. I'm not sure it works until now. But it has worked for me a few times... Otherwise, bring this up to CS https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

• Like 1
  • Up 2

3 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Try refreshing the page while you are in this screen

I experienced something like that and the unavailable message takes a few seconds before it can appear. So before those few seconds are over you can leave a message. I'm not sure it works until now. But it has worked for me a few times... Otherwise, bring this up to CS https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

Thank you, but I've refreshed the screen about 100 times over the past 10 hours of them sending the original message.   And I did already open a support ticket, but like I said...with Covid they are very slow in responding.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ebturner said:

Thank you, but I've refreshed the screen about 100 times over the past 10 hours of them sending the original message.   And I did already open a support ticket, but like I said...with Covid they are very slow in responding.

Yeah! They do take some time to respond when the queue is busy! They will be able to adjust your response rate if ever it does take a hit though. I hope you get that sorted soon 🙂

• Like 2

Support got back to me.

They explained that the 'shopper' sent the message and then they turned on vacation mode.   By doing so, it prevents anyone from sending them a message.   While it may not have been intentional, I see this as a potential problem for abuse.    For the number of spam messages I get daily on this platform from new/fake accounts, what if they start doing that as well and bringing down seller response rates.

Thankfully support fixed my response rate, but I don't know if they actually realize the scope of the issue here.

• Like 1