Teaching a Lesson to Buyer

ahsan457

(I'm a writer)

Here's the story:

Yesterday one buyer contacted for an article of 1500 words and gave me the requirements

The buyer asked to write a general review article on products of 1500 words without any special format.

When I delivered him the file, he contacted back and told me that I didn't write on what he said.

See the chat message:-

He gave me his instructions and format after receiving the delivery and want me to rewrite it again from scratch.

Now, I'm not a usual typical seller who'll say "sorry sir you didn't mentioned it on your requirements so I can't do that and I'm not writing it from scratch"

Instead, I'm doing as he says and making it to about 2800 words (payed for 1500 words)

In a result, I'll give this buyer 2 star review to teach him a great lesson on how to do business with sellers.

He made me to do IMG_20210923_141748.thumb.jpg.92b84d5f75d64de97e737967f94a9dd8.jpg8$ work in 5$. Now I'll give him 2 star and will write how he do his business on review. So that other sellers in future will beware of this buyer and the buyer will learn a lesson.

How's that? What di you think? I'm doing it to protect other sellers and tell them the truth about this buyer

• Like 4
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, ahsan457 said:

How's that? What di you think? I'm doing it to protect other sellers and tell them the truth about this buyer

While I totally agree that it's important to let people know the buyer is prone to making you double the work I do think you could advocate for yourself a little better - (I say that but I had the exact thing happen two days ago and I lost 30 bucks not 3!)

The reason I'm saying this is because if the buyer gets mad at you, they have the right in the sense that you never once said "hey, I don't do full rewrites and you never told me to write in this format". If you did so - and then rated them fairly, that would seem like a more complete story (just in case). You rating them low out of the blue can seem petty. 

But in the end it all depends on the review you leave. If you can leave one that's not emotional - but matter of fact and shows you're right you're probably doing a favour for other writers. But... Yeah. We are the service providers here and we need to say 'oi that's not a revision'. 

(That being said the buyer's tone was kind of off so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't get the best review either.)

• Like 6

Sure, you can leave him a bad review. I don't see how that would be "teaching him a lesson" though. Buyers don't need to care about reviews, at all. It makes no difference to them. He will lose nothing. You know what teaches bad buyers a lesson? Not allowing them to place orders without prior contact, talking to them to ensure they are legit, and if they are not refusing to work with them. Nothing pisses a bad buyer more than "Nah, not interested in your project, not gonna work with you, bye bye". 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, visualstudios said:

Buyers don't need to care about reviews, at all. It makes no difference to them. He will lose nothing. You know what teaches bad buyers a lesson?

It is, most of the sellers including me always check the review of the buyers before working with them.

I even rejected 4 total buyers in past 6 months just because they had a 2 and 3 star ratings.

Atleast, other sellers will know how he does his business.

He first give the general requirements, when seller deliver him the order, he asks for revision "the delivery wasn't what I ordered" and force them to rewrite.

If seller refuses to work with him, he cancel the order or leave them a bad Review. But in most of the cases, sellers agrees to do his revisions or csncel the whole order just to prevent low rating

In this way he gets full or extra work free of cost.

Smart way to do scam, right?

• Like 2

Oh, I think buyers don't care about bad reviews. They directly place their orders and our cancellation option is limited by "Order Completion." This buyer will lose nothing and you will lose your time and a client who might agree upon your fees if you discuss this with them.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ahsan457 said:

It is, most of the sellers including me always check the review of the buyers before working with them.

I even rejected 4 total buyers in past 6 months just because they had a 2 and 3 star ratings.

Atleast, other sellers will know how he does his business.

Doesn't work, because a buyer account is worthless. If I was a buyer and I got a 1 star review, I would just create a new account, and that's it. As a seller, you can't create a new account because of a bad review, since you need to accumulate reviews to get more clients. As a buyer, you can order with zero reviews, so it makes no difference. I also check reviews on the buyers, but a lot of my buyers have zero reviews. They may as well be using new accounts after getting bad reviews on old accounts, there's no way for me to know, and I can't just refuse to work with buyers with no reviews.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 3
  • Up 1