Help please

zanrakim

22 minutes ago, zanrakim said:

Is it right to share my gmail if the buyer ask me for gmail to give me some instructions. I am working on short video creator. Please help me.

Hi, 

No. Under no circumstance should you share your contact information on Fiverr, unless it's needed to sharing logins and so on. If that's needed it must be done inside the order. In most cases, this is not needed, and you can communicate just fine using the chat here on Fiverr. 

If you share your info you risk big problems. Don't do it. 

If your buyer is difficult, just explain that this is the terms on Fiverr. I quote: 

• To protect our users' privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer

In addition to it's not allowed by Fiverr to share you email address, and Fiverr could ban your account. It's really good to keep talking to clients on Fiverr, because it's more safe for you. If you have problems with your client and you both asked for some dispute, then all discussion, attachements, delivered files will be available for Fiverr to handle and protect you. If you have such conversation on email address, Fiverr will not be able to protect you.

9 hours ago, zanrakim said:

Is it right to share my gmail if the buyer ask me for gmail to give me some instructions. I am working on short video creator. Please help me.

You should not share your gmail password until you are not sure that the person is reliable, however, in any case you do need to share your id then change the password immediately after completing the work. 

Anthony Constantinou CEO CWM FX

You can transfer files and exchange messages on Fiverr only, why do you need gmail? 

Email / Phone is only allowed in such cases where you are designing Letterheads and Business Cards etc. Because without personal information they can't be made, so Fiverr allowed me to ask for emails and phone numbers, I still never got the audacity to contact buyers personally, It's not good either way. 

Make your short video here only, or they may disable your account. 

Archived