Seller asked to pay outside Fiverr

sherpatt12

Hello, My project is big and complex, and I tried to contact many sellers (over 30) for my project, but no one could do it.
Finally, one seller agreed to do it. Since it big project so the budget they need is very high, and it's over my credit card. Also, credit card bank has the prevention of fraud, so it's very difficult to make the order. I called the bank about 6-7 times and went there to solve this problem. 
Seller divides of 4-5 orders for me like $800, $900. I paid for it, but there is still the remaining $700. I ask them to please send me another order of 700 for total cost, but they didn't answer.
They told me that they have to consult someone with the proper background for my project (some part in my project) and it will cost an extra $$ and time. So, I said ok, after that they said it will cost more one-third of my project (Their colleague who gives them consult). I was so shocked, but I need to complete my project, so I told them okay. But they ask me to send money through western union $700(the remaining money) +$$$ (consult someone with the proper background for my project). They said they have to pay for someone who they consult today.
I said I can pay on Fiverr, I don't want to pay western union. But they said Fiverr cut 20%, it's huge money for them.
What should I do? I am very stressful.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, sherpatt12 said:

To be honest it’s a lot of huge red signs. 
I know you hold on the promise that they will do your project however did you see any of it being completed? 
On your place to be honest I would’ve reported the seller to CS for breaking fiverr TOS and asked them to cancel all orders you have with them. 

• Like 3
  • Up 10

7 minutes ago, sherpatt12 said:

Hello, My project is big and complex, and I tried to contact many sellers (over 30) for my project, but no one could do it.
Finally, one seller agreed to do it. Since it big project so the budget they need is very high, and it's over my credit card. Also, credit card bank has the prevention of fraud, so it's very difficult to make the order. I called the bank about 6-7 times and went there to solve this problem. 
Seller divides of 4-5 orders for me like $800, $900. I paid for it, but there is still the remaining $700. I ask them to please send me another order of 700 for total cost, but they didn't answer.
They told me that they have to consult someone with the proper background for my project (some part in my project) and it will cost an extra $$ and time. So, I said ok, after that they said it will cost more one-third of my project (Their colleague who gives them consult). I was so shocked, but I need to complete my project, so I told them okay. But they ask me to send money through western union $700(the remaining money) +$$$ (consult someone with the proper background for my project). They said they have to pay for someone who they consult today.
I said I can pay on Fiverr, I don't want to pay western union. But they said Fiverr cut 20%, it's huge money for them.

Just simply report the conversation. FIverr stuff will take care of it. Its breaking fiverr TOS

• Up 3

10 minutes ago, sherpatt12 said:

Seller divides of 4-5 orders for me like $800, $900. I paid for it,

Therefore have you left feedback for completed orders ? I am seeing you opened your account within 22 days and within 22 days you completed 4-5 order value of $900 ? Something is not clear. Could you please share more details ? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

To be honest it’s a lot of huge red signs. 
I know you hold on the promise that they will do your project however did you see any of it being completed? 
On your place to be honest I would’ve reported the seller to CS for breaking fiverr TOS and asked them to cancel all orders you have with them. 

They send me three pictures of my project (they said they got it from their colleague that I have to pay one-third of my project) and some code. But when I checked it, they just copy from the internet and edit some parts, but some parts were still wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jewel4u said:

Just simply report the conversation. FIverr stuff will take care of it. Its breaking fiverr TOS

I am worried about this.
They said they have to pay for someone who they consult today.

If their colleague already did something for my project, I think I have to pay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sherpatt12 said:

I am worried about this.

What related your project is ? You are giving job to a seller means that seller is responsible for that to completed. All condition should be discussed before start project to avoid future complexity and transection should be through fiverr for security and what you are talking about paying out you both will break the TOS. 

Edited by jewel4u
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sherpatt12 said:

Do they have any proof that their “colleague” did something? Is there proof that they did anything at all on your project? 

just an FYI: you are not getting your money back after sending it with western union, they are most likely will just run away. 

Does that seller even have reviews? Is he a level 1, 2 or a top rated seller? 

asking  for payments outside of fiverr is huge violation and fiverr might block his account right away with no warnings at any time now 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

24 minutes ago, jewel4u said:

Therefore have you left feedback for completed orders ? I am seeing you opened your account within 22 days and within 22 days you completed 4-5 order value of $900 ? Something is not clear. Could you please share more details ? 

I am sorry, I am not good at English, but I will try to explain it.
All orders are not complete yet and this is my friend's account. I don't use my account because I worried they may see it. I paid for three orders $1800 and there are still remaining $700. I asked them to send me the offer, but they don't send it.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jewel4u said:

What related your project is ? You are giving job to a seller means that seller is responsible for that to completed. All condition should be discussed before start project to avoid future complexity and transection should be through fiverr for security and what you are talking about paying out you both will break the TOS. 

About machine learning. Of course, I think so, when I started discussing it with them, I explained it clearly and asked them are you sure to do my project, because the first four people I hired couldn't do it. They said sure, they pass it thoroughly.
But I don't know why they told me that they have to consult someone and asked me to send money through western union even though I told them that I can pay on Fiverr.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, sherpatt12 said:

But I don't know why they told me that they have to consult someone and asked me to send money through western union even though I told them that I can pay on Fiverr.

Because they are planning to scam you 🤷‍♀️ 
All your other orders are at risk too now because fiverr might ban his account at any point in time now after he asked for payment outside of fiverr. 

• Like 2
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, sherpatt12 said:

They send me three pictures of my project (they said they got it from their colleague that I have to pay one-third of my project) and some code. But when I checked it, they just copy from the internet and edit some parts, but some parts were still wrong.

It looks like they're trying to scam you, and like you'll never receive anything useful (let alone what you paid for).

And whoever asks you to pay them outside of Fiverr is a scammer.

• Like 2
  • Up 3

21 hours ago, catwriter said:

It looks like they're trying to scam you, and like you'll never receive anything useful (let alone what you paid for).

And whoever asks you to pay them outside of Fiverr is a scammer.

I understand. But he is a level 2 seller with many reviews. so, I don't think he is a scammer. Also he is a PhD student.
I am very stressful. I don't answer any question and not send money through western union he has requested since yesterday. He always contacted me. I feel so scared. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mahfuz_ahmmed said:

It seems you have communicated with the seller outside of fiverr. Otherwise level 2 seller with many orders cant have the courage to ask for payment outside. Its clearly TOS violation.

Today, while I was going to contact CS. They delivered three pictures on my three orders for review and accept them (they said they got it from their colleague that I have to pay $800 for my project, not my whole project) instead of sending me another offer of $1500(the remaining money). 

• Like 2

It doesn't matter what they say, give you, or promise.

You cannot contact anyone or arrange payment outside Fiverr.

If THEY did that, report them and stop communicating with them entirely.

If YOU did that, expect your account to get a warning or closed.

• Like 4

On 9/22/2021 at 6:38 AM, sherpatt12 said:

I am worried about this.

Just have customer service cancel the order. You will get refunded. 

• Like 3

If you pay outside, then you will also violate the Fiverr TOS and mostly will be banned if fiverr screening detects you.
As well as, the seller will be banned too.

I'm not sure that he is really a PhD student. Based on your conversation, it seems like they are scamming you as you already said that their given details just something from internet.

They may ask you to add additional amount for this specific amount (what they have to pay to the person they consult) to cover the fiverr fees.

As they asked you directly to pay by western union, they already violate the terms and conditions. This is the key point of my doubt with his educational background.

As all of your order is running, so better you cancel everything and get your money back before you face any trouble and waste your time! Also open a ticket to the customer support or report them about their illegal offer that violates Fiverr TOS.

I understand that your project is not pretty common but you can share me the total details about your project by messaging. Let me have a look on the plan, also you can share me the images they send you.

I'm not pro to work on projects for ML, but I am well knowledgeable with this. And if everything match with me, I may help you to get a solution to complete your project.

Note: See I'm an ex- cyber security engineer from a giant company which already changed their name. But after I left the job because of a traumatic head injury, I'm running an Branding company, working on Fiverr and none don't know my actual expertise. So, you never knew who is actually PhD guy here!

Edited by seven_sign
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sherpatt12 said:

Today, while I was going to contact CS. They delivered three pictures on my three orders for review and accept them (they said they got it from their colleague that I have to pay $800 for my project, not my whole project) instead of sending me another offer of $1500(the remaining money). 

Fiverr is the most secure and transparent marketplace as long as you are dealing inside fiverr. So there is no reason to be  stressed if you are managing everything inside fiverr. Its safe for both seller and buyer to communicate inside to avoid scam. 

• Like 1